OMG! You will not believe how Discourse ruined EVE Online! ISD's SHOCKED! šŸ˜±

Why did you drag me into this thread? :open_mouth:

(I think something went wrong with that link?)

Also, I too dislike the orange edit button! Blue = friendly, orange = kill on sight

i just copied and pasted the link and i guess it tagged you allā€¦ didnā€™t do it like that before, but i was mainly trying to highlight the replies, views etc being dark blue and unable to read on a dark charcoal backgroundā€¦

Totally agree that the dark blue on the ā€œrepliesā€ column is totally ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– . I honestly thought it was just my client bugging.

The reason why I liked the muted blue on the ā€œeditedā€ icon, was because it had little meaning. It also wasnā€™t as dark blue as the above (I think?), so one could still see it.

Now, the icon just screams

look_at_me

3 Likes

yea i thought it was my problem at first too when i noticed it but yea its the forum and its under views and repliesā€¦ fix it ccpleaseā€¦ dark on dark isnā€™t good

edit: switched over to blizz forums, and the edited button is the same color as the time (white)
in place of CCPā€™s dark and light blues under ā€œlatestā€ blizz used orangeā€¦

Its a subtle move towards Elite Dangerous.

Very soon, NPCs will be talking in local.

ā€œIll boil you upā€

ā€œThis liner is in the top 99% of all liners out thereā€

Etc

1 Like

Naughty. Thatā€™s not quite what I said!

It is quite striking as a contrasting colour between the overall colour scheme (bright blues, mid to dark blues, greys, black) having said this, thatā€™s not necessarily a reason not to use it, just an observation of the contrast.

If the intent is to make it clear that a post has been edited, then in this respect it serves itā€™s purpose. If on the other hand you wanted something slightly more subtle then a beige of some description might work.

:mouse:

2 Likes

Ok. I interpreted it as you saying that it was somewhat of an odd choice. My bad.

1 Like

CCP, instead of changing the icons on forums, maybe its time to actually color the icons in game?

Just dont force it on everyone, add an option.

3 Likes

Itā€™s cool. I just thought you were possibly being a tad cheeky (in a friendly sort of way). Itā€™s all good my friend.

:mouse:

3 Likes

The blue versions (one light, one dark) were not particularly visible for some players - myself included. The dark one especially tended to be so low-contrast against the background to the point of being completely invisible.

I heaved a huge sigh of relief when they suddenly turned orange and I can actually see them consistently now.

Now if only they do something about the replies countersā€¦

Iā€™m not saying orange is perfect, mind. But itā€™s a damn sight better than the dark blue (pun intended).

2 Likes

Makes sense if the color was hard to see for some people. Iā€™m also not opposed to change the color from the muted blue, if it was hard to see. Itā€™s just that the current orange very much stands out for me, compared to the other colors used on the forum.

Iā€™m no expert on color schemes and what works best. Itā€™s just my opinion that the icons are almost as bright as EVEā€™s suns. Maybe itā€™s their way to immerse me into the game, even when Iā€™m on the forum.

Full disclosure, I canā€™t find a slider to change the color anywhere. Even checked behind the couch.

5 Likes

Try asking on Reddit.

1 Like

how much change did you find though?

Like, $2.89, some rubles, a rupee, about 750 isk, a token for an arcade game on Coney Island, some Canadian money, and like, a crap ton of dust. Iā€™ll grab the vacuum later.

8 Likes

Dont you think one is enough?

Well thatā€™s like, your opinion man.

4 Likes

Maybe Discourse did it? Kinda hope it Wasnā€™t CCPā€¦

None of them touched any buttons either. We have 0 idea, and the logs show nothing.

OMG! You will not believe how Discourse ruined EVE Online! Use these 3 tips to become a better Discourse community!

1 Like