One man mining fleets

I’m not part of CODE (I don’t do peer pressure meme clown nonsense), I don’t gank miners for lulz or “higher causes”.

Which part of the reasoning don’t you get: IF anyone wanted to know where the OP is it would take pretty much zero effort. SINCE someone is asking they’re THUS not interested in the OP.

1 Like

Esteban? So I think I visited that just yesterday or the day before that. There was no Hulk fleet though

Markus, read up a few posts. I give the fleet names. It would be all so obvious to anyone who sees them. All the ships have very very similar names. The ice is gone in like 15 minutes. They then either dock up or move to other systems. I have not followed them but I imagine they “do the rounds” of the local ice bearing systems just moving from belt to belt.

These large alt fleets keep track of the spawn times and often only login at the exact time a new belt pops up and logout as soon as a belt is gone. Some do move around, but that’s when they start getting really on people’s nerves (when they raid the ice belts of multiple systems). They then quickly fall prey to bumpers and random gankers anyway. Some like the Hulk fleets are however very discrete and have their logon/off tactic.

This thread is nothing more than one guys jealousy that his one account mackinkaw can’t mine as efficiently as a fleet of miners.

1 Like

It can’t. I’d be silly to say otherwise. But I can only drive one car to work at once, and so I fly one ship at a time here in Eve :sunglasses:
I like to think I play Eve “honestly”.

But we have talked about all players looking for “an edge” in any form of game like this. So this my edge. I make no apology for being a bit of a CODE fan, and so if they use this forum and others like it for a bit of intel on one-man fleet movements and activities, then so be it. I really could not care less.

Unless the OP is a forum alt (as am I).

1 Like

I happen to be running missions today and coincidentally does one of my agents also offer a location service. The location then has already been revealed here in this thread, so I’m not going to repeat it. Plot twist… I won’t tell you where I’m running missions. :witnessprotectionparrot:

Oooooh! Pick me! Pick me! Lol.

What you can obviously do when they login is to bump away their Orcas. The way their fleets work is that they use the Orca fleet cargo hold to move the ice from the mining ships to the freighter

If you bump away the Orca you can slow them down considerably or even completely disable their mining op.

You don’t even need an expensive ship to do it. A stabber with an oversized MWD and then enough distance to build up speed and that Orca will fly out of the belt with one bump.

1 Like

Now there’s an idea (evil grin)

There is a simple way to deal with this, start blowing up hulks, if they all fly away they were not bots :slight_smile:

There are also mining bots that autodock as soon as someone from CODE. enters local. And some even when my scout enters who is not even in CODE.

For those cases you can simply put an alt into CODE. and just dock him in that system. Almost like cloaky camping but in highsec.

2 Likes

If OP puts an alt in CODE does that come with a mining permit? :slight_smile:

No. Well, i suppose she could pay herself the 10 million isk. But its generally frowned upon, and besides, 10 million is nothing. Why skimp out on a basic permit thats good for a whole year?

I say change mining like they changed hacking and relic sites, make it an active activity not a passive watch your module cycle over and over

Agreed. Maybe make a capture pop-up, and if you fail to finish it within the allotted timeframe, your ship gets damaged. Eventually your ship would be destroyed. Same for rorquals, a popup for mining drones every time they come back, otherwise they cannot deposit the ore into your hold.

Random NPCs, that arrive in belt and ask you a question and if you dont answer correctly you get blown up, is also acceptable.

You mean turn off autocycle? That would rock :rofl:

I’m waiting for the post from one of these “one man fleets” complaining about another of the same.

… or maybe, this is that thread! dramatic dun-dun-dunnnn music

1 Like