One step to increase ccp income and balance ecosystems

Unfortunately that’s the direction Eve is going and there’s no stopping it.

No matter how many times you say this, it doesn’t make it true.
EVE is no more P2W than it was when EVE first started.

2 Likes

No matter how many times you say that, it doesn’t make it true.

It’s not on me to make it not true though, because it’s not true.
It’s on you to demonstrate that this particular tweak to resistances somehow makes EVE P2W. If there were Gold Invulns and EANM’s that didn’t get nerfed, that would be clear P2W. But when everyone is on the same footing and you can’t buy a unique advantage with cash,… then at worst it is pay for convenience mechanics.

Says you.

Says you.

Fun is not the be-all end-all of things. People exist who play games for the challenge. That might not actually be “fun”, but it is still “challenging”. No, that does not automatically mean that it’s “fun”. You might want to call that “fun”, but I refuse to reduce the world to such simplicity. Thanks for your opinion.

Seeing as how you can’t “win” EVE, EVE can never be Pay-To-Win. There are no final bosses, no ending credits, no leaderboards…

Yeah right, ok Solstice, whatever you say.

:unamused:

:roll_eyes:

It’s not my fault your consider “fun” and “enjoyment” to be the top most important things for playing games. I can understand why you might think so considering where you’re coming from, but it’s simply not how the world works. Luckily, I might add, because things are heading too much into that direction at the cost of everything else, including rationality.

Yours, for example, seems to be crumbling.

Addendum:

https://books.google.at/books?id=L0TAV4BRs60C&pg=PA200&lpg=PA200&dq=solitaire+a+billion+people&source=bl&ots=Tkb5hssM64&sig=ACfU3U0c4TXyf3JWDS-McrwF0EIQ07S6qg&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwikuovfieroAhUYXRUIHS7mDRAQ6AEwAHoECCMQKQ#v=onepage&q=solitaire%20a%20billion%20people&f=false

Case in point: No one plays Solitaire because it’s fun to play. People play it, because they either want to pass time or because they want to beat it. Billions of hours went into it, simply because it was there and it was better than working. You should try educating yourself on the matters you speak of, instead of assuming you know everything about them already.

2 Likes

If you want your game to die and are just after a short term money grab sure. If you want your game to survive and foster a competitive active community that pays you multiples of what you would get from that cash grab over the years you don’t do P2W.

Such ideas usually only come from short sighted kids with severely one dimensional thinking or completely disconnected CEOs.

1 Like

You should try to write English next time.

I could not legally buy ISK or SP when EVE started. This means that what people owned ingame was more or less a measure of what they achieved in the game and not how big their creditcard was.

I know you have some serious issues accepting the truth, but EVE already checks most of the boxes of what people consider to be pay2win since you can advance your wealth or progression with RL money. That doesn’t mean it is in all instances an issue, the sandbox nature is mitigating a lot of that.

But that doesn’t mean we have to accept more of the same crap and CCP is still heading in the same direction as the whole Hypernet crap has shown again. And as long as people like you defend this practices they will never see a reason to stop.

You mean like you have only access to certain ships when you pay? :thinking:

2 Likes

Sad if true. I don’t mind a cash shop with what the NES store is now, but OPs recommendation is too much.

You mean like the trial is restricted in what it can do, but unlimited in time now, unlike the old trial?
I mean if you really want to try and pretend that alpha’s make the subscription P2W… I really don’t know what to say to you.
It’s not like you can spend $20 and buy isk, or SP directly from CCP (Ok, starter packs excluded which while they didn’t come right day 1 have been in EVE a very long time)

Just to note: beating challenges is fun for some kinds of minds/psycotypes. For example: i consider myself to be of type who loves to beat so-called challenges. It provides me with fun. Does not mean that i attack every challenge i see around though.

But DMC is right: people play games for “fun”. It’s just the “fun” itself is not the same thing for everybody.

And if you insist that some play EvE Online for challenge but not for “fun” then try to find these and ask them why they play EvE and not any other game (or even do something completely different, because you can find challenge everywhere).

1 Like

Daaamn, he’s good!

This is not wows…the reason this game is still around is because its not. I find PVP horribly boring, …sitting on a gate for hours hoping to shoot something…■■■■ that. I like indy and CCP obviously hates the fact that my guys play smarter and dont lose a lot of ships, having said that on top of my 3 accounts that i have paid for , for 10 years I spend about a hundred dollars a month on plex for skins, expansion mining fleets, fob fleets you name it. I never use in game isk to pay my subscriptions. I just enjoy the game and like collecting ships, and working out long term industrial projects with our alliance and customers. anyone can pod people on a gate lol. So basically they are nerfing good pilots so the pvp kids can have content, blow up ships easier, kill indy to turn EVE into P2w. Thank you for bowing to your Korean over lords.

It was their decision to switch to a free2play model. In that instant the subscription became the omega paywall that gives you access to better ships and faster SP accumulation. It is what it is. It doesn’t matter where it came from. It’s blatently pay2win. I’m sorry you are too fanboy to acknowledged that.

Yeah right, because paying 20$ to CCP and then introducing ONE additional step to convert the PLEX to ISK is obviously already enought to confuse people like you into thinking it’s not the same.

3 Likes

I am looking for the term describing this weird phenomenon where people believe one detail being different means the whole thing is different. It is a real thing but I can’t recall the term. More descriptive, they believe that the below is not actually equivalent because of the additional step in the middle.

Three steps:

I buy PLEX paying cash.
I sell PLEX for ISK.
I buy SP from the market.

Two steps:
I pay cash.
I buy SP.

Fallacy of composition?

In this case the additional step does make a difference though. It’s to do with the economy side of things.
If you could buy isk straight from CCP it would be a faucet & no limit. Trading it in game both means there is a limit based on your available customers, and that it’s actually a sink via market fees.
Additionally it allows the time rich money poor a way of subscribing.

So it’s not a fallacy to regard it as significantly different because the extra step here matters.