Operation Epiphany - Zarzakh - Deathless Circle

I don’t want to point fingers at anybody …but looking closely (code-wise) at what has been added in the patch, can give a tremendous head start in such hunt for data fragments. If one knows exactly what to look for and how many pieces, you can stop looking for more immediately and go to the number crunching phase.

I think the information regarding version diffs shouldn’t be freely available and datamining EVE client files should be made impossible :thinking:

I bet without this low-level input the event would take longer to complete. How could you otherwise tell upstart there is 30 jove navigators to collect and 38 deathless circle corrupted data files to match to piece this all together in four days?

Edit:
An example of what can you get looking at the version diffs without even starting the game client:

Description: Encoded with identifiers of the elusive “Deathless Circle”, this fragmentary data has been recovered from a pirate commander’s ship communications storage buffer, a device typically used to hold data relayed to and from a spaceship and remote locations via secured fluid router networks. Valuable data provided by the network of smugglers, mercenaries and criminals set up by “The Deathless” has been rumored to be spreading through the Angel Cartel and Guristas Pirates organizations in the months since the Turnur Incident.

So you now know what to hunt for (pirate commanders ship) and where (Angel Cartel and Guristas Pirates organizations, and possibly Turnur system - one gate is exactly there)

You can even read instruction (sort of) of what to do with it when you get it:

This standardized data storage device is heavily corrupted but some fragmentary data remains accessible.

With just the right approach it may be possible to decode what remains and access a coherent data stream. It wouldn’t hurt to give it a try and see if something clicks.

I wonder why CSM is not making any fuss abut it :thinking: