Optimal Hardware for Running Eve

Right now I am running Eve on a Dell laptop. It can run a single full-screen window pretty well, but I cannot play the game in windowed mode. I am considering getting a new desktop computer soon. Can anybody give me some idea of what hardware would be beneficial? I don’t think I need to buy a $3000 graphics card just to have a couple of Eve windows open.

Any advice would be appreciated. I am not going to build my own computer - I am going to just buy something from Dell. I know that will offend some people. Sorry.

Not into Asus then?

Shrug.

It doesn’t need much…I’m running an old i7 2600K with a 3GB 1060 vid card…handles 5 windows without too much complaining…

My laptop is only a couple of years old, but it is their ultralight version, so I think they had to sacrifice some muscle.

It’s the integrated graphics card that is the issue there.

So just getting a bottom-tier gaming desktop will be a huge improvement for me, it sounds like. I don’t really play any other games, but being able to see two Eve windows at once without Alt-tabbing would be a big improvement for me.

Stick Linux on it should solve most of your gaming problems (and addictions)

On a very extremely serious note, you will appreciate Mahjongg a lot more.

Well, if you’re going to buy Dell, then you are severely limiting your bang-for-the-buck options. There are other brands that are equally reliable and reputable that produce high-integrity/longevity and well supported laptops. If for whatever reason you’re limiting yourself to Dell, it’s worth noting that Dell does produce some gaming laptops and also owns Alienware, which produces dedicated gaming laptops; however, all of these Dell/Alienware gaming laptops are grossly overpriced compared to those of other brands - you’ll pay a lot more and get a lot less without the product being any more reliable.

2 Likes

Ok . . . so what company should I be looking at? I want a computer with a real warranty. I don’t want to buy some computer equivalent of the Fiat. I have purchased fancy custom rigs in the past and had big problems whenever the computer started having problems.

AsusTek

https://www.laptopmag.com/uk/articles/laptop-brand-ratings

Build your own. I’m on frankenstein #7. It’s cheaper and you get a few more disc’s than a built one. Everything comes with a warranty, etc.

Edit; I like this case, everything is a quick disconnect. Even the mobo! I haven’t mounted a power supply in a case in yrs, lol. AND, it’s time for it’s yearly blowout with the packpac leaf blower! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

If you have to stick with a brand then complain about performance from shitty brand laptops and not listening to people… Just buy a console?

Nice troll post. Did it boost your self-esteem?

No, I just hope that you listen to the people in this thread advising you to build your own,especially if you are looking for a budget desktop, since building your own will give you the most bang for ur buck hence the budget.

“Build your own” isn’t helpful advice for this guy. Then he has to pick every damn piece of the computer. How will he pick the right graphics card? The right processor?

1 Like

Several PC component retailers allow you to work off a base and pick your own compatible components, it’s not rocket science. Just do some research about what your putting your money into.

This is what CCP recommends you use to play EVE.
Recommended System Configuration:

• CPU: Intel i7-7700 or AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.6 GHz or greater
  • RAM: 16 GB or higher
  • Video: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060, AMD Radeon RX 580 or better with at least 4 GB VRAM

a non-terrible i5 is more than enough. As long as you get 16GB and preferably an SSD and a 1060 or so you’re more than good.

3700x, x570, 32g ram, 980ti runs 22 eve windows at 1080p, 10 FPS unfocused, 30 FPS focused without breaking a sweat.

Eve does not need stellar hardware to run well.