ORE expansion?

But the majority of miners with the attention span of a myopic squirrel refuse to mine in anything that can’t be AFK’d…

1 Like

Most of them yeah, but that would actually give them a ship to actually learn a TONS of things about pvp and risk vs reward.

Go procurer or go home is short on the teaching side about what’s the really EVE thing.

1 Like

Yes.

–Nodding Gadget

1 Like

You can pilot a citadel sized refinery and mine entire moons!!

Available now.

–Helpful Gadget

4 Likes

CCP should seriously make it so if you dig too deep something horrible happens.

12 Likes

We got mining drones on Orcas and Rorqs. BTW Excavators on a Rorq is like having 5 retrievers mining for you. Just like the ‘god’s helpers’ you speak of (Titans, Supers, Dreads…) Rorqs are only allowed in low/null/wh.

Your point is moot. Mining drone Orca is pretty damn OP with proper skills, all by itself.

3 Likes

“Athanor. You fear to go into those mines. The Gallente delved too greedily and too deeply. You know what they awoke in the darkness of Serpentis Prime. Shadow and flame…”

7 Likes

CCP could at least make their own story, unleashing a gray goo from ancient terran research complex deep under some moon surface maybe… The nanomachines that would start combining with rogue drones and drifters to make another one, much more powerful race of beings. :thinking:

Sort of the incursion to end all incursions.

And triglavian weapons would be super effective agains it.

4 Likes

I think Orcas and Rorquals should be able to mount mining lasers.

3 Likes

And I think they should have a full line of mining drone specific ships, but neither is going to happen.

3 Likes

If this isn’t already the case (maybe it is the case, and I just haven’t thought about it), there should be distinct advantages or reasons why one might want to drone mine vs. laser (or exhumer) mine. Like maybe lasers are great for yield but you always have to run around and relocate after a 'roid is depleted, and there is less AFK potential. Maybe drones have less yield potential, but can go all over the field (if you have the drone range skills trained up), and they should be made to auto-aggress the next 'roid you have selected once the 'roid they are drilling goes ‘poof.’

2 Likes

The key is that it’s a “want” not a “need”, and just like rorqual with strip miners, auto-targeting mining drone would be broken as soon as they are introduced.

2 Likes

Long story short, hell no to any ideas that encourage even more AFK play or bots…

1 Like

This bias against AFK play is nonsense. Lots of things in the game are AFK play. You don’t sit there for days staring at the screen while your Planetary Interaction is grinding away. You don’t sit there staring at your manufacturing job while it’s churning away. You don’t sit there and stare at an order for days or weeks waiting for it to fill. In the same way, you don’t stare at an asteroid for hours while a laser drills into it, and you shouldn’t be expected to.

5 Likes

Then you’ll have to deal with the consequences of AFK play, namely someone like me in a Machariel bumping you 100km out of the belt. When I’m logged in my home system, AFK miners don’t get a damn thing done…

1 Like

Sure, I agree that you should have to deal with the consequences. I don’t want that changed.
And for your information, you DID bump me out of an ice belt once :slight_smile: I wasn’t AFK though. You wanted the entire belt for your alts, apparently, because they were sitting there mining away with no interference from you whatsoever.

5 Likes

Aren’t you afraid that if you got super mining ships that the mineral supply would greatly increase causing your mineral pricing to plummet? As it is minerals are dropping which I’d suspect is partially due to moon mining.

1 Like

There IS already rorqual fleets being multiboxed in goons null, the “if we get a strong mining ship ore value will be crap” makes no sense, have anyone looked at the ore mined in EVE charts released recently ?

Asking for something between a Rorqual and a Hulk is not stupid on its own, but it should NOT have defensive abilities like the Rorqual has.

1 Like

OP, likely.

1 Like

I think Orcas nad Rorquals should not be able to mount mining lasers.

My opinion is more relevant than yours, because, you know, reasons.

o/

1 Like