ORE expansion?

I admit that I haven’t put a lot of thought into it, or the ramifications of such a thing.

2 Likes

I do think there needs to be a ship or line of ships that use mining lasers and are worth progressing for after hulk,mackinaw,skiff,the drone based ships are a different skillset.

2 Likes

IMHO we already have a robust array of mining vessel choices. HiSec mining is probably best optimized with a Highly Skilled mining pilot and an ‘ISK is no object’ fitted Orca. Splitting the drones out so they each mine only one rock at a time will likely achieve max AFK effectiveness. I completely disagree that the Orca is in any way OP.

Some thought processes I simply do not understand:
Why all the bias and assumptions towards miners? There seems a near visceral hatred of miners amongst a large number of PvP players. I don’t get it because miners take the hours days and weeks to build what PvP players destroy in seconds, minutes or maybe an hour or two.

How about an ounce of gratitude for all the content created for those who gleefully destroy the miners work.

Assumption and attitude examples:

1. “…majority of miners with the attention span of a myopic squirrel refuse to mine in anything that can’t be AFK’d…” <-- I doubt this to be true
  2. Miners are care bears <-- from a PvP view, probably borne out of frustration that most miners hide rather than fight. Miners mine, PvP players fight, small wonder that miners hide.
  3. Mining is boring, must be something wrong with those who do it.

Those whom dedicate time to destroy miners seem most prolific in sharing their critical thoughts on miners perpetuating negative assumptions about miners.

3 Likes

Nana Skalski:

“CCP should seriously make it so if you dig too deep something horrible happens.”

Balrogs!!!

Those dwarfs must have left the mining bot on for too long :grinning:

4 Likes

I wish I had a Catalyst that fit 16 Neutron Blaster Cannons…

3 Likes

Gotta compete with the High Sec Mining NPC operations for certain which is the justification for the need for a larger and more capable mining vessel that would at least be able to keep pace with the NPC mining corporations.

Simply send an alt to the belt to shoot at them and they leave…

2 Likes

Give freighters a couple of high slots for mining lasers and watch exhumers go the way of the dinosaur.

1 Like

There would be freighters getting popped in belts left and right, all day long, every day…

You’d think so but who would patrol the pipes while the purge is ongoing, Gankers cannot patrol every system 24/7.

1 Like

Gankers wouldn’t be the only concern. I’d personally bump each and every freighter 100km out of the belt every time I saw one…

1 Like

Yes you may but that’s just one belt in one system, and how many belts will freighters be doing the jig in? And in how many systems, you cannot bump em all.

1 Like

True, I can’t bump them all, but I do get quite a few every day. And of course I’m not the only one doing it, so…

1 Like

A drop in the ocean and you know it.

1 Like

Anyways, not gonna happen, so it’s a moot point. I’ll stick to enjoying bumping dozens of AFK miners out of ice anoms.

1 Like

Groovy and if my freighter ever needs a jump start i’ll give ya a call.

1 Like

Til FOB rats just blow you up free of charge

1 Like

The pro’s definitely out way the con’s.

1 Like

I think we need hsec mining ship that could make competition to 0sec rorq fleets.
It should be proactive too. Like huge penalty to strip miners range su you must move all the time.

1 Like

Good, that would make it even easier to bump them out of range…

1 Like