Origin Affirms Position of Political Neutrality in Triglavian/EDENCOM Conflict

Per corporate instructions issued by Coordinator Riordan, I hereby confirm that as of 07:08 New Eden Standard Time, my participation in all pro-Triglavian and anti-EDENCOM operations has ceased.

I will however remain within the Raravoss system, where my operating parameters have altered to focus solely on monitoring operations, alongside the fabrication and deployment of Slingshot-type scanning devices.

As I have previously stated, I do not regret my previous anti-EDENCOM actions.
It is imperative that the multiple known Liminality stages are completely investigated, and sacrifices are necessary in the pursuit of knowledge and understanding.

1 Like

You disgust me Borkstar. It’s easy to say sacrifices have to be made when it’s other people making those sacrifices. You haven’t changed one bit from your previous… incarnation…

2 Likes

Being the ‘good guys’ involves shooting the Triglavians. Cloning endangered people isn’t good enough.

Neutrality is death.

5 Likes

This is what you say after asserting you are no fools? Whatever choice Zorya Triglav and her fellows had, they made it long before now. They did not initiate a large-scale invasion of an inhabited star cluster without a plan for what to do with the conquered territory and seized resources–people included. They have, as has been pointed out repeatedly, been observed capturing human beings, which is not congruent with the actions of a liberator. Further, as Aria noted above, their doctrine is not one that appears to place any value upon human life.

Your…humanitarian efforts are not without merit–though I have many questions about this technoligy itself–but your corporation’s position of neutrality is deplorable. That they are fighting “the jackboot of tyranny” as you see it does not make them liberators. The Triglavians’ boot is poised above you, however much you may close your eyes and wish it is not so.

1 Like

From what I’ve seen of Zorya so far, she’s been fairly liberating for most. In a “Yeah, cool, you guys do whatever. If you do what we do and help us it’s cool, we’re gonna not shoot you. And pay you. If you screw with us we’re gonna shoot you. You know, whatev.”

2 Likes

Dr. Riordan, regarding the biomass requirements of reviving large populations, I, on behalf of the UNF, would like to volunteer our resources to meeting those requirements as needed.

I would also like to go ahead and say that many production facilities currently operated by the UNF will be incorporating the opensourced scanner blueprints into common production lines, after a brief testing period. it may take some time for us to get a proper estimate on output capacity, but I am optimistic regarding such.

as for @Aria_Jenneth , some time ago UNF operations were able to retrieve live triglavians back in October YC121,, and held them for observation for some months, full reports of what was learned remain pending but some of the early transcripts had been leaked onto galnet, so the ‘lack of triglavian recories’ is incorrect.

Assuming accuracy, ma’am, I’m pretty sure virtually everybody eagerly awaits those full reports.

2 Likes

deleted

Hell, I’d settle for some preliminary video footage.

I am not sure, however, that the word ‘enough’ has a right place here.
Cloning people also means killing them - if the cloning is done according to CONCORD regulations where only one instance of so-called “infomorph” is allowed.

Thus, cloning people Sansha-style (without killing them) means violation of CONCORD rules.
Cloning people with killing them to maintain one instance en mass could mean genocide.

Whatever they do, it’s just bad.

1 Like

It perfectly possible to avoid creating multiple active instances without using burning scanners, just as it is possible to create multiple active instances using burning scanners.

Thus, soft cloning is no violation of CONCORD rules. All the major navies make use of the technology these days.

4 Likes

While I admire and appreciate the idea that many could be scanned and later “soft cloned,” forgive me, but are all people able to be later soft cloned? This seems to contradict all we know about capsuleer technology in regards to cloning, seeing as some people are able to accept implant and cloning technology and others are not?

How will people cope with the cloning technology, dying and being brought back? Are you offering psychological treatment after the fact?

3 Likes

The cloning process tends to be the simple part, @Lasairiona_Raske , the issue with capsuleer technology tends to be the proprioception and mind lock issue of your entire body being reorientated as a multi-million ton starship through the capsule, then trying to revert back, and not in the cloning process itself.

1 Like

I am extremely dubious about claims that this tech could be used to save masses of people.

Mindscans and cloning are not exactly magic, requiring some kind of extensive research, and capsuleers are not exactly poor. If technology and money were the solution, boy would we have a lot less suffering in this cluster.

If it had been possible to scan anyone and everyone, do you think I’d have waited until my son was a capsuleer to get him out of harm’s way? Do you think I’d have let my aunt the clan Chief die in a Deathglow attack? Do you think we’d have left good people on Thebeka behind to meet fates worse than death in the hands of the Amarr, if suicide out would have been an option? Why exactly do you think they make you suicide and reclone after capsuleer training, these days, in addition to making sure you’re capsule compatible?

It’s not like it’s not been tried and suggested as a solution to a lot of problems over the years.

Not everyone clones well. Not even most people. Offering baseliners the false safety of a mindscan instead of offering them actual defense and aid is a cheap publicity trick, nothing more.

15 Likes

I seem to remember the failed experiments of a certain clan that tried to resurrect it’s lost numbers en-mass, including it’s long dead leader. The result did not end well for that clan, resulting in the massacre of it’s entire numbers by said insane induced cloned populace, resulting in their leader hunting down the religious wing of said clan to near extinction and forming an alliance with the Blood Raiders.

Suffice to say the controversy of the Blood Raven is one most of us would rather not repeat on the scale of an entire civilization.

I’d rather fight and loose.

2 Likes

Capsuleers generally go through a long and rigorous selection process. We don’t know that many people could be cloned in this manner.

1 Like

Riordan, contact me.

Edit: I would also like to point out to the various naysayers around here that cloning is an older and more proven technology than your Capsuleer implants, at least as far as the use inside the four empires. Most problems do not stem from technological restrictions but rather theological. There are many “ethical” restrictions in place by your various governments that have done a very good job of making people think it is a difficult process.

It is not. You just lack the will to see it through.

5 Likes

Clearly you have no recall of the massacre at Sakulda.

No surprises, I mean it was only a backwater planet in Molden Heath.

Glad to know it was no great loss.

1 Like

Says the guy willing to repeat the process on a massive scale.