Original player from 2004, left for an 8y break and am back. Ask me anything

Ah, but is that the african or european?

Well I am the original owner of this character, due to some real life issues I didnā€™t really have the time to play EVE.
Recently returned after an almost 7 year hiatus and discovering a lot of new stuff and still relying on some old stuff.

As soon as I am really available for the game again I am going back to the pew pew side of the game. Though i have done mission running, indy, null sec sov and small corp roams and looking for something new.
Wormholes never really interested me so i think itā€™s gonna be high sec merc or something like that. Just need to find something where some real action happens and not the crap 20 decs to maybe be able to gank one or 2 soft targets.

Anything huh? Okay! What is your opinion on the capital gains tax?

Iā€™d like to know that when you leave again (which you will once you truly realize the deplorable state of EVE), will you finally biomass or just uninstall? And no, I donā€™t want your stuff. Itā€™s worthless going forward anywayā€¦

Yes.

Show me something ?

If you quit EVE can I have your stuff?

ā€¦ been a while.
After reading my post above,
Iā€™m wondering what you want me to show you.
If you could help me out,
thatā€™d be great.

Kinky
Trashy
Stuff ??

Avatar pics simulating blowjobs ? XD

What are the top thing you wish was the same as when you first started?

What is your favorite improvement over the years?

Thoughts on learning skills back then and skill injectors now?

AOE damage on torpedoes and space mines.

Donā€™t really have a favourite improvement.

Back then you had to have a learning plan. Now you just need to have the ISK.

How do you feel about the game you came back to? (fresh viewpoint)

What do you typically wear during secret ā€œcombat boosterā€ fueled orgies?

I am shocked that this surprises you. Did you really think an online society can remain unchanged for 15 years?

african or european ? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I never got a reply to that :confused:

1 Like

Were there from the start? I donā€™t recall ships having mining bonuses in 2004 (but then I donā€™t recall much about something 15 years ago :smiley: ).

The Osprey for the Caldari had miningbonus for example and so were several other frigates and cruisers with bonusses, this was pre barges.
Dunno when they removed the bonusses though.

Jessica,

0.0 used to have local chat just like WH space now. I wish 0.0 was still like that.

Content. Back in 2004 you either ran missions, built crap, or played market games. So much more now days.

Skill injectors were and are a requirement. We talked about that even back then. How would the game stay alive if real time training meant that all the old school players constantly dominated any new player. It would mean we would never get new players and the game would die a quick death.

Trevor, you missed the point of my statement. The point isnā€™t to acknowledge the change, or complain about it. The point of that statement was to simply remind everyone that most people old enough to remember the change donā€™t think about it or even notice it. Someone like myself who had a large absence notices it immediately.

1 Like

EVE has been on a slow decline over the last 6 years or so. Not much has changed. A few more ships/not that much content.

Welcome back to eve!
In order to read the next line of my msgā€¦ you have to wait 16 hours and 45 minutes!