OUR servers are fine, everything is working perfect!

What infuriates the player base more than bad communication is no communication. If something suspect is going on, it would really help those of us who are struggling to enjoy the game and trying to figure out what is going on, to know what CCP can see, that we cannot see.

Three weeks ago. If I get more than 3 disconnects in an hour I give up and do something else. I am certain I would not be alone in eschewing EVE due to poor network connectivity. Putting up with it for three weeks is what, $15 USD of EVE wasted?

Installed this software, running it now to gauge the practical effects. If EVE stays connected for the next 1 +23 ish hours I’ll call it a win.

As long as it does not boot.ini computers ( lol, I am a Mac user anyway ) this is a very welcome development.

Which is a whole other problem that should have some kind of consequences. Though no doubt there is some poor network architect or sysadmin begging their Pointy Haired Boss to put in decent network kit, but no, its not in the budget, no return on investment, not part of their KPI bonus plan…

If only there were constructs like network neutrality and common carrier regulations.

Not surprised. It is going to be an uphill battle to get a point of contact at a large organisation who has the situational awareness to grasp the problem, even more difficult find one that will put down their actual work to care about the network issues of a bunch of nerds.

Yeah, we notice when a system has everyone suddenly log off. The beauty of this is that a spate of daily connection issues proved that a bunch of the AFK cloak campers, were indeed AFK. Perhaps in an ideal world EVE would not never disconnect. it would disconnect everyone at the same time, or disconnect nobody.

CCP knows this, yet for some reason, the EVE client has not been programmed to automatically reconnect. Is it too much to ask for the code to establish a new connection rather than just dumbly print a disconnection message?

Nobody would tolerate a browser shutting down just because a web page will not load…

1 Like