I’m having trouble finding Overview and D-scan settings that satisfy me. I’m curious what others are using for Exploration.
I’m in the same boat. So I’ll be watching this thread carefully.
I just use Iridium Overview.
I’m not familiar with that one. Could you send a link?
Eve University has good overview settings. You join their chat channel in-game and they have instructions for the available downloads.
It is on the channel “Iridium_Overview” iirc.
They way I do is task specific, sometimes I go drone hunting (found lots of lost drones), or anything I find of value.
Found a bunch of ships (Merlins), about 39 if I remember just floating in space, and unachored torp launchers, turns out a guy way decommissioning his tower, I help him out by scooping up those ships and launchers
And yes I put them on contract for him to retrieve, our corp doesn’t roll like that
- Create a new Overview Tab with the objects that you want to D-scan down.
- Next increase your scan range to its max sliding the slider all the way to the right.
- Then reduce your cone scan range to its smallest by moving the slider all the way to the left.
- Warp to a planet cloaked.
- Using your D-scan map select and object and then “Look At” from the menu after you right click the object.
- The objects that you have selected from the Overview tab will appear in green once scanned down.
- If you find something within the 5 degree cone that you are looking for, drop your probes and probe down until you are able to warp to the object that you scanned.