Overview and D-scan Settings

I’m having trouble finding Overview and D-scan settings that satisfy me. I’m curious what others are using for Exploration.

1 Like

I’m in the same boat. So I’ll be watching this thread carefully. :slight_smile:

I just use Iridium Overview.

I’m not familiar with that one. Could you send a link?

Eve University has good overview settings. You join their chat channel in-game and they have instructions for the available downloads.

It is on the channel “Iridium_Overview” iirc.

They way I do is task specific, sometimes I go drone hunting (found lots of lost drones), or anything I find of value.

Found a bunch of ships (Merlins), about 39 if I remember just floating in space, and unachored torp launchers, turns out a guy way decommissioning his tower, I help him out by scooping up those ships and launchers :innocent:

And yes I put them on contract for him to retrieve, our corp doesn’t roll like that :face_with_monocle:

1. Create a new Overview Tab with the objects that you want to D-scan down.
  2. Next increase your scan range to its max sliding the slider all the way to the right.
  3. Then reduce your cone scan range to its smallest by moving the slider all the way to the left.
  4. Warp to a planet cloaked.
  5. Using your D-scan map select and object and then “Look At” from the menu after you right click the object.
  6. The objects that you have selected from the Overview tab will appear in green once scanned down.
  7. If you find something within the 5 degree cone that you are looking for, drop your probes and probe down until you are able to warp to the object that you scanned.
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.