"P I R A T" Will Have To Be Shut Down

True the analogy is weak…

I cant tank my pieces, STAB my pieces, cloak them, put them in a safe spot, jump into a wormhole, use scouts or any other number of mitagations.

Chess is actually simpler and more cutthroat if I cock up a plan.

3 Likes

It is akin to a chess match in a way.

Like chess, most PvP, including wardecs, is out-thinking, outmanoeuvring and outplaying your opponent; this includes using the same mechanics to avoid PvP altogether.

It’s not the wardec corps fault that you’re playing a game without knowing how the pieces move or how the rules work.

4 Likes

A chess game starts with even footing. Same pieces, same strength, and 50/50 who goes first.

A really bad analogy.

5 Likes

That’s fair, I was going more for the strategy aspect of it than any concept of fairness being involved.

1 Like

A chess game can’t be rigged by wealth and influence, in this thread is the most appropriate argument.

3 Likes

People in Amarr right now…

1 Like

Some great points have been made above, but to be clear…

This is in no way saying there should not be wars, ISK loss, ship loss etc…Eve is a brutally fun game and there are few rules. But what is wrong with P I R A T’s continued existence is they have used illegitimately gotten funds in the tens of trillions (or more) to fund wars for corps and alliances that leave their adversaries who play by the rules at a severe disadvantage and (as CCP Falcon stated) demoralized.

10 Likes

would you care to link me that comment please?

This is incorrect. Assets get transferred everyday and relevant logs can easily be confounded to the point they are essentially lost. It applies to PLEX too,but I’ll not put that kinda info out here.

1 Like

Ralph King-Griffin,

Here is a link to CCP Falcon’s direct response to ShtirliZZ’s (of P I R A T) getting caught/destroyed botting 8+ Nyx in NS:

3 Likes

thank you very much

Yes, assets get transferred every day, through multiple mediums, and yes the trail can get convoluted, but how do you think they catch people involved in botting and RMT?

The DB holds far more information than we have access to, any antibotting/RMT action is going to rely at least in some part on detailed logs, and for that action to be effective those logs have to contain every single transfer of items and financial transaction that takes place in Eve.

Unlike in the real world CCP doesn’t have to worry about warrants for access to ingame financial transactions and assets, they don’t have to worry about civil rights either. The logs used by Team Security are probably as detailed as the records financial institutions hold, if not more so,.

TL;DR If it’s in the logs, it’s traceable.

I won’t do a back and forth spew. It is as I stated and anyone with the motivation can make it happen.

Concerning botting and RMT this is the bottom line. No matter how many times this forum rolls over the subject.

CCP will have to make a real choice.

Be bled out over time,or take the hit and accept the consequences.
Botting and RMT is literally destroying every MMO.

This thread is controversial by its construction. Facts are mingled with personal opinions. That may have been intentional or just someone who can’t discern between facts and feelings.

1 Like

If wardecs are balanced on costs and the wardeccers are cheating to fund their behavior, guess what that does to any future discussion about wardec mechanics?

Yep. Cheaters change the numbers whenever you’re talking about balancing any game mechanic, and they tend to move them away from the kind of numbers any real player can reasonably put up/out. Today it just so happened to be wardec spam.

2 Likes

I’m sure he’s a nice guy in real life.

Compeletely accepted.

So what do we do about it?

Is there anything that even CAN be done?

1 Like

I firmly believe there is.

Just depends on how far we and CCP are prepared to go.

You are being naive if you think that CCP will stop the bots army. This is an issue that destroyed other MMOS. Aside from reports, logical deduction and common sense there is very little CCP employees can do to stop this. For every botter caught 30 more will emerge. A manual test is required to uncover botters and this translates into actively searching for botters. This means more employees. CCP just laid off a bunch :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Im prepared to go pretty far nudge nudge wink

But seriously, tell me what we do, Ill do it.

Im liking this crusade. Grats, you made me care :slight_smile:

And yeah Im thinking about what to do too, not leaving thst just to others. Its just not really my field of expertise.

1 Like

As got you excited, was the player crusade against the courier mission bots.
So loosening engagement mechanics might create surprising emergent content effective against bots.

More player interest/effort in finding/killing bots would certainly help.

As you have read in the large bot thread, Im proposing a bot-test system that might be capable of shaving off between 33-66% off any 23/7 active bots efficient time.

2 Likes