Pacifier, Anyone Fly?

By far one of my dream ships in EVE for its sweet looks, I grinded hard on Project Discover for three days straight to get that blue print. Get the materials, find a complex, build it (even just got the firewatch skin) and aside from loving it like a classic car from the 70s I have not used it.

It seems to be a variation of a covert exploration frigate instead of a stealth bomber I was kinda hoping for, but at the same time I do not want to risk this blowing up in W-Space.

Any fellow capsuleers use her for anything?

3 Likes

If spinning in a station is anything… Not a bad ship, but you can find better ones for any purpose… collector item/ship tho…

Yeah. Pretty much like many AT-Ships.

With more reliable supply you will see more flown

Junk ship. Leave it in station and spin it around. That is the only thing it is good for.

1 Like

Sadly both concord ships so far have been hanger spinners given their relatively low usefulness compared to their insane cost/value. I doubt concord ships will ever being viable for anything other than collectors. Concord battleship will likely be equally useless sadly given it will likely cost cost more than a slightly blingy capital ship.

I used my Enforcer a lot in WH space. Good ship.

Pacifier.

:blush:

8 Likes

I flew one for a couple of days, after that I realized it was too expensive and ineffective for anything I would like to use it and sold it back at some profit. So, can`t recommend it honestly.

Actualy if you really like it there is a special edition shuttle that is identical to it and it cost less than a 1% of pacifier`s price.

1 Like

People do fly them. Just had a flyby of one, pretty neat.

binky

ˈbiNGkē/

noun

1. a pacifier.

“Daniel lay in his carriage, happily sucking a binky.” “Thargon Starslayer undocked in his Binky.”

(Useful or not, nice-looking ship, that one. CCP art dept. scores again!)

Only for exploring, the bonuses you get for scanning is decent but not strong enough for missions. The Concord ships gives extra bonus to payout and faction standing if using them against pirates but not enough tank with the pacifer for it to be useful for that role.

Using enforcer for t3 abyssal sites sometimes it lacks in all combat relevant areas as such it’s one of my poorest choices to take in abyssal space,at least I got it guns dirty poor thing such a waste of looks.

1 Like

Yeah. Pacifier and Enforcer are pretty meh. Marshall seems to be the weakest BLOPS too.

Pacifier is the best ship to find illegal miners in new order territory. I highly recommend it.

1 Like

I’ve taken the Pacifier out a few times for exploring. It works about as well as any of the other CovOps would in a Data / Relic site. Except it’s going to cost a LOT more to replace if something goes wrong.

Enforcer was kinda fun for going around ratting to see how the Sec Status bonus added up. Unfortunately, it doesn’t have any drone space. Not even enough for a wing of Salvagers, which would have made the time more profitable.

Marshal is… too damned expensive for me to bother trying to get one. And Black Ops are the abused redheaded stepchild of the CovOps family anyway. Until CCP welcomes them into the family, and allows them to use CovOps Cloaks, then they’re pretty useless no matter what. This one especially so, b/c of that price tag.

1 Like

20AU shuttle with cargo bay.

5 Likes

I am flying this one for Explo, and let me tell you this ship is a magnificent tool and beatiful at once. You got 12 AU/s, which is fast as hell, you have about 3,2-3 secs align time, and with faster scanning, (two beep sounds and done) I have with my skills 129 Scan probe strength. And I have fitted in high slot 2 rocket launchers, in case I see some snuggly on Dscan that is eating my sites, I can just scare him off, if you compare it to Anathema/Helios/Heron. This is 100% improvement, Huge scan probe strength, Fast as F…, Fits in high whatever you have skills for (Good for Drone space, where there are 2-3 little drones on Data site escalation), And looks so freakin beautiful.

1 Like

Yup, I agree, loads of people saying it’s useless but I can’t see myself going back to Helios, I can scan down, warp to sites, hack them, get out again and safely get back to Jita way faster than I could before, with the added bonus of being able to get shots off on any T1/cov ops explo frigs raiding sites, which was definitely costing me a lot of money. I don’t see the price tag as that high, I made my money back in a couple of hours, then a ton more and I’ve had fun flying it. Been looking at Astero but can’t really see the advantage, it only has 2 high slots and has no bonuses on weapons although it can maybe tank more, I think the plan is really just to get a couple of rocket hits and scare the person off otherwise fly away if enemy tougher. People saying the align time is high but its lower than cov ops and anyway it’s best practice to be aligned whenever vulnerable. Also insta cloak so gate camps not a huge worry, other than bubbles.

yea if your role is to scan in several system, it’s a very good ship for that.
The bonus to warp speed means there is no point fitting hyper rigs in most systems (you are decelerating in two ticks anyhow and deceleration is capped at 6 AU/s)

fit example
[Pacifier, scanner HS]
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Micro Auxiliary Power Core II

Scan Acquisition Array II
Scan Rangefinding Array II
Scan Pinpointing Array II
Large 'Sheriff' Shield Extender

Sisters Core Probe Launcher
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II

Small Gravity Capacitor Upgrade II
Small Core Defense Field Extender II

RSS Core Scanner Probe x16

4s align, 13 AU/s, 8k EHP, 139 scanner strength(with rss), 5s scan.

If you want to go null you need a 5mn and a plate to survive SB

fit example
[Pacifier, scanner NS]
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II
400mm Steel Plates II
Damage Control II

Scan Acquisition Array II
Scan Rangefinding Array II
Scan Pinpointing Array II
5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive

Sisters Core Probe Launcher