So you say. I would like to see those metrics.
In the main ganking zones, aren’t most basing out of citadels by now? Regardless of align wouldn’t they be getting tether benefits so I don’t know that a longer align matters. Now maybe losing access to tether as a -10 could add to that…
Pointing out flaws in an idea is not “being negative” Maybe you could ease up on thinking every pointed out flaw is not an attack. Pointing out flaws helps to flesh out an idea to where it ultimately addresses those flaws or becomes evident it hit a dead end.
And when you do I imagine you consider both the positives and negatives with your own ideas? I mean if so, why are you attacking yourself
(<— smiles to point out the hopefully obvious non-serious joking aspect of this sentence).
Rather than quote individual sections I’ll just overall through out my concerns with such an idea.
First, any method that would disable the attackers weapons opens a serious can of worms. I"ll keep this to HS as that is where most consider this to be “ganking”
The attacker goes red by attacking. Concord gets called, and then surrender button is hit. What happens next? If the attacker just has his guns disabled, but is now red, any random could then just open fire and pop them.
Ok so say this surrender button negates the effects of the attack, Concord stops coming, and a random can no longer attack.
Well then what’s to say a tornado ganker, if he’s fast enough, pops a hauler, then targets his alt on gate, shoots them, their alt hits surrender. He does a 1 isk ransom which has now reset himself and called off concord.
Now this is one example, but I hope it serves to show that there are many potential scenarios that would need to be thought about where the system could be “gamed”. It also makes HS engagement rules even harder to understand, expecially for new players.