Patch Notes for 18.04 Releases

*grabs popcorn*

Yup, glad I’m not the one in charge for the PR on this one.

2 Likes

I hear you. There are several changes that I have planned for the patch notes that are currently being worked on, but to avoid sitting idle I want to start incorporating some of the smaller items immediately.

What you can expect for this month is:

• The patch notes article will be published every time we make an update, regardless of the content. This should trigger the RSS feed and make the item appear as first in the EVE Launcher.
  • FAQ will be added to the patch notes to clarify some of the most common questions about EVE release cadence and naming convention.
6 Likes

@CCP_Dopamine please edit Providence Hull increased from 100.00 to 120.000, not 100.00, should be 100.000

3 Likes

20% reduction in resist modules??

I’ve had enough.

13 Likes

Please don’t. Instead, add a line at the top to link to the successive updates, and make one article per patch.
Otherwise it becomes a mess to understand what is happening.
Only update an article for minor fixes (eg typos)

even better, if you could create a group of articles in order to navigate between them it would be better.(not sure if you can)

3 Likes

Updated. Thank you!

2 Likes

all close range Tech II ammo (excluding exotic plasma) by 15%. This means Conflagration, Hail, Rage, and of course Void will all be packing an extra punch.

1 Like

What are the effects of “clear all cache”?
on Reset Settings Window

1 Like

You just made all of my ships, with the exception of the unarmed ones which I never use, unable to do the things they were built to do.
I’m going to think hard about nerfing my omega subscriptions.
I totally fail to see the point of this nerfing of damage resistance, maybe someone could explain it for me.
Right now it just seems rude and inconsiderate.

13 Likes

The point is to poke at the stale meta. If your cookie cutter fits are not working then improvise, adapt, overcome!

and HTFU!

8 Likes

New bug:
When you hover abyssal module item exchange contracts, you no longer see the preview of the item.

Expected:
You should see the preview of the item, similar to when you hover your mouse over the module while it’s sitting in your hangar. *This was behaviour before 18.04 release.

2 Likes

No love for Jump Freighters? :frowning:

2 Likes

Please send a bug report for this, so our QA team can investigate the issue at the earliest convenience. Thank you!

1 Like

yes, that is all that has been done.

so half of the short range t2 ammo has been missed - as i have said.

1 Like

They are not cookie cutter, I have made them as strong as I possibly can and still die the instant someone shoots them in many cases. This update just changes the word many to all.
I simply cant find any reason to make this change other than to make newer people want to quit.

1 Like

If only you could start buffing your player skill and rely a bit less on your ship being immortal, to the point of being more concentrated on Netflix on your second screen than on the game, that would actually help you enjoy the game more, and cry less.

4 Likes

reads

• Support fighter tubes decreased from 2 to 1

goes for a coffee
reads again…

• Support fighter tubes decreased from 2 to 0

good job ?

5 Likes

Why someone keeps saying ccp reduced the bounty on ratting?

I dont have netflix or a second screen, and my “infinite” skill queue is maxed at the icelandic version of infinite, ie: fifty. A lot of it is armor and shield stuff trying to get them up to V to be able to use modules that are now pointless.
On the otherhand I suppose that now that they are this much less useful maybe their prices will drop…
Now, if you cant explain the reasoning behind this, go away, or at least go bother someone else.

Well, the reasoning was explained by CCP themself in the previous patch-note. You have every right to disagree with the explanation, but why come here and ask to repeat it?

If you really want to discuss it, at least make the necessary research to know what’s going on. :confused:

2 Likes