Patch Notes for Version 18.11 (December 1st, 2020)

I have to disagree on this. Because of he cash shop, the “weight” of a given subscription has other factors that affect it.

Did they lose 1000 subs? ok. Were all of them only paying the subscription fee, or were a substantial number of them also dropping an extra $50 a month on PLEX and cash-shop sales? Were a dozen of them people who spend $200/month on average?

cash…shop?

Dude the forums are blessed to have you but you’ve been doing that a lot lately where you post before reading :rofl:

1 Like

You’re missing something. Eve Offline lost 3 days of data last week, compare the last 2 Sundays (you’ll need to hover on the spikes to find them both due to the lost data) and it should become clear to you.

Server only just managed to get over 30k PCU last night, compare that to any Tuesday in November/October.

Sucks when the numbers don’t support your predictions, but at some point you need to take it on the chin and man up to reality @Scoots_Choco

Me on the other hand, I’M LOVING IT as this is entirely how I suspected it would go down and I look forward to resubbing my accounts again once this all blows over and CCP sees sense.

1 Like

Bleeding subs does not mean that suddently half of the population will disappear immediately. This might not have a major impact on connexion yet, but they sure have the figures internally.

It does not make any sense that CCP is suddently moving backward on their income nerf. But even if capsuleers were complaining about mineral change, it’s nowhere near the ratting nerf shitstorm that happened with the introduction of this dynamic bounty system.

Perhaps this could be attributed to Thanksgiving travel + spending time with family? I’m inclined to believe this is still within the margin of error regarding being close to the average, little more than statistical noise at this point, without additional data to evaluate in more depth.

1 Like

Okay, there is a slight decline, but (1) we are not bleeding subs as some would suggest, (2) lost subs are not the same thing as lost players (for example, changes could be reducing botting activity as RMT’ers switch to account hacking and/or other games, and players with a bunch of afk/semi-afk ratters may be switching to more active strategies/careers that reduce their ability to multibox a bunch of accounts), and (3) correlation does not imply causation.

1 Like

You’re not really this bad with graphics and pictorials are you? No need to break out the chaulk and crayons , CCP’s fate is in their hands and already determined.

Are you suggesting that a a narrow slump occuring around Thanksgiving is indicative of an imminent demise of a 17-year old game?

1 Like

Alright, why don’t you show me the math then?
I’m curious to see what data you’re drawing your conclusions from.

“Bleeding subs” would imply that there is a noticeable change in the number of subscriptions. I’m not even sure how you are specifically calculating this, given that subscriptions, at their shortest, are set in 30 day time periods.

Do you have actual data / evidence to support your claim that EVE Online is “bleeding subs” and by what metrics are you measuring it?

Oh, Scoots. Still pretending that the number of no-lifes and bots online at any given time has something to do with whether subs are trending up or trending down.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

1 Like

What, do you have better metrics? Please do share.

Look, I know PCU’s are the end all be all for the health of a game, but it’s certainly better than making assumptions based on bitter vet complaining, the availability heuristic, and confirmation bias.

It’s funny how the this-change-is-killing-Eve people like to bring up PCU’s whenever they are trending down, but hand wave them away when they don’t support their assertions.

And the opposite. As Scoots just demonstrated.

And then there are the people like me. I come into the forum for the same reason I watch American political shows. I just like watching two opposing sides twist the same data to suit their pet narrative. I have undying fealty to one forum side over the other about as much as I have with one U.S. political party over the other.

I get hate-mail from all sides. So I’m in exactly the place I want to be.

Yeah, that’s kind of weak dude.

First, you led with some whataboutism (that didn’t even make sense).

Second, you may not be a hard-line white knight or bitter vet, but you are making counterpoints to one of the sides. So, don’t act like you’re just here to watch all the biased people argue. Not only have you contributed to the debate, but I also guarantee you that you are just as biased as the rest of us.

I make counterpoints to both of the sides. But you’ll never see it with your bias blind spot.

Thanks for proving my point for me.

1 Like

Interesting. Cause I felt your reply proved mine.

Well, it was fun. Time to pack up my bias blind spot and go haunt another corner of this forum.

Keep doing you.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.