What’s your operating system?
Is it just me, or does no one with this issue have Intel CPUs?
You may be onto something.
There is an issue in AMD graphics drivers that lead to unkillable processes (some genius somewhere in the history of OS design, decided that having to pull the powercord to end process, was less harmful than killing a system level process on hold waiting for a response that never comes).
The switch to AMD then having problem mentioned, made me think of it, but there are NVidia graphics cards in there, but seems no non-AMD CPUs.
My fix for this was switching from EVE-O to EVE-X, no crashes since.
Is it just me, or does no one with this issue have Intel CPUs?
Seems like it.
The lack of CCP intervention on this is getting quite aggravating.
Guess I should add I’m running a 9950X3D and a 5080 as well. Switching to Dx11 completely fixes the problem (tested for several weeks, not a single freeze).
I have a problem with the 9950X3D. If I set the game to run on only CCD0 (cache) it has much better performance, but sometimes it causes all clients to freeze. However, I can fix this issue by choosing to run the game on all cores. For example, if my game clients freeze, I just switch them to run on all cores, and they instantly unfreeze.
Having the same problem here. Sometimes I play for hours and nothing happens, some times its less. Other more high demanding games I have no issue with. I don’t have any logs as it’s kernel power issue 41 (meaning random shutdown from something) and nothing is saved but I’ve tried switching from DX12 to DX11, updating drivers, checking SSD status, nothing works. Drivers are fine, HW is way above what’s required, PSU is new and provides way more juice than the GPU needs. CPU is barely working when the game is on but with these random >90% spikes that happen once in a while.
I have an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D CPU, AMD Radeon 6800XT, 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM. I only run one client and it causes my computer to restart randomly. I’m starting to think it’s some AMD CPU architecture issue with the EVE client that’s causing this.
In my opinion, there is some serious CPU issue going on which causes the CPU to spike and the clients to freeze or computers to freeze. I haven’t been able to pinpoint it to which activity in EVE but I’ll take not next time of what I was doing when it crashed.