Peace in our time

Paladin Warden Saltz,

With all due respect.

There can be no peace between the Republic and the Empire unless a few things happen first and foremost before it is even imaginable. There is too much blood on both sides that have been spilled for generations before any true peace can happen. You want peace you say but you only want it on your terms not what is good for both.

But there can be no peace without trust on either side, with our people still being enslaved to this day. The mindset that my people are inferior and should be ‘reclaimed’ meaning indentured servitude again. We wont allow that to happen again, we cant allow it to happen again. If you really want peace then tell your people to ask what our terms besides releasing our people from the chains that are bound to them.

Now, I am not saying this is my employment’s views. These are my personal views and thoughts on the matter. It has been far too long that I have sat by and seen the destruction and devastation that Holders in the Empire cause to their slaves. I deal with refugee’s fleeing their chains. Orphans because their parents didn’t want the born in and raised in servitude.

Until then, we have to deal with people like Chakid, Shakor and death glow attacks both on Empire and Republic soil. While the governments on either side do absolutely nothing. That is one thing we have in common.

This is where I am supposed to say something clever and witty as a salutation.

But one day, we will all of us come for our people.

Literia Khammael.

4 Likes

“War is not hell, far from it. War is beautiful. War is divine.”

— Grand Admiral Mekioth Sarum, excerpt from a commencement speech to Paladin graduates of the Imperial Academy. CE 23215

“Napkins is a freakin’ idiot.”

— Damned Near Everyone Who’s Ever Known Him

8 Likes

It’s nice of you to requote Rhiannon’s statement when it’s already been seen multiple times in this thread. I’m talking about her own reactions to the potential political fallout from that letter.

Funny, there’s not a C, L, A, or N in there.

In case it isn’t clear from the million times I’ve explained it, I am not the clan chief of Ramijozana. I am the cadet chief. My control is over the clan’s manufacturing company, not the clan itself. It would be impossible for me to pull my clan’s support from anything based solely on my “bruised ego.” The process for determining that involves the clan council and our chief coming to a decision.

tl;dr don’t manufacture rage when your faulty source is provably false.

On that day the Minmatar will have their allies in the Federation standing beside them. Until then, without justice there can not be peace.

Still, our Amarrian neighbors should know that there is a path towards reconciliation. They can choose to reform internally instead of reclaiming by force, and there are progressive examples in their history for them to follow. I believe that what the Holders and the false priests truly fear is the day that the people of Amarr free themselves.

Liberty is their birthright as well. Like the Caldari under the State, the people who have suffered longest under the Empire are the Amarr themselves.

2 Likes

When that time comes and it will come, its just a matter of time. We will see the division of allies and antagonists in the cluster choose their parts in the story. Whether it be with us or against us.

Until then, I will continue to fight for the people that need it the most, I will support them. Help them move on from their lives in chains, learning how to live again as free and independent people.

I hope to whatever Gods are out there that one day my facilities will no longer be needed, but until that day I will continue to do what I have to do for my people.

3 Likes

You know, it’s a funny thing. There’s a truth the Gallente don’t like to face, and more or less refuse to acknowledge: if someone isn’t free to reject freedom… are they free at all?

6 Likes

Having spent these past months, almost a year, among the Krusual and Thukker, I wonder if the war ever truly ended for the Minmatar. What exists now is not peace in my eyes but a temporary reprieve, for all the professions of being the aggrieved currently, the historical record is unambiguous in that the Amarr did strike first – and that strike seems to have inflicted a deep wound that is not easily erased. It is to me a wound of humiliation and indignity forced upon the oppressed by a violent oppressor who has sought to cloak misdeeds of exploitation and the misery of forced servitude under a veneer of religious righteousness and noble intentions.

These humiliations and indignities are not in some distant past, easy to be forgotten or reconciled with in the interests of peace but reminded of every day by looking across a border at trillions of their own people enslaved and exploited at the hands of their former masters. I can understand the hurt and the pain such a state of affairs would bring, and why for many among the Krusual and Thukker the war, that struggle against the Amarr Empire, never truly ended but continues to this day.

An amusing question indeed, at least amusing that you think it so radical and devastating to Gallente ideals. I think I first heard it raised by another freshman in my first semester political science class at the University of Caille. Perhaps you should audit an entry level class.

3 Likes

If I thought that Gallente political sciences had anything worthwhile to offer, I might. But then, I studied Gallente PoliSci back when the Republic was a Gallente-style parliamentary democracy. In fact, it was kind of a big topic of focus and discussion in our universities when I was there, considering at the time, we were in the middle of the upheavals that would soon lead to us leaving the Gallente system of government to the trash-bin of history. I found Gallente modes of thought and political theory incredibly smug and self-serving, devoid of any real merit or wisdom.

It’s the kind of circle-jerk that leads to people who insist on rampantly stupid things like thinking the people of Amarr should ‘free themselves’. I sincerely doubt they want it. A great number of them might even be offended by the idea of it—not because they don’t consider themselves free, but because they’d be truly offended by the idea of a life not yoked to the service of their God.

There’s quite a lot of Minmatar slaves in the Empire who probably don’t want to be free, either. The difference is: the Amarr people make their choice. Their slaves don’t get the opportunity.

1 Like

Why should I care about insulting the sensibilities of Amarrian slaveholders any more than you care about insulting Gallente politics? If you were making anything more than petty insults to elicit emotional responses you would have simply acknowledged that although the Minmatar restructured their Republican government to better reflect their tribal heritage, the Gallente model remains vibrantly alive in its native soil.

If you found Gallente political thought smug, self serving, and stupid your contribution to this discussion indicates you were quite thoroughly indoctrinated.

Except the slaveholders among the Amarr are an extremely small percentage of

Vanishingly small, when compared to the trillions of people of Amarr, no less! But that’s Gallente poli-sci for you: never let facts get in the way of self-aggrandizing!

And no, I wasn’t tossing about petty insults to elicit emotional responses. I was tossing about petty insults for the sake of tossing about petty insults. Eliciting an emotional response from you wasn’t something I cared about one way or the other. Besides, why should the Gallente model’s health in its native soil matter when discussing its application beyond that soil? You’ve asserted that people should adopt ways that are not their own.

If anything, the fact that the Gallente model is working fine for the Gallente rather supports my contention that people deciding their own ways might actually choose ways you don’t like, ways you, as an outsider, think they shouldn’t choose. They might even choose ways directly antithetical to anything you might endorse or think is healthy for them. And that’s ok. It’s their decision. They just have to be willing to accept the consequences of it.

1 Like

What you call your “contention” here was what you earlier presented as “truth the Gallente don’t like to face, and more or less refuse to acknowledge.” It is sufficient for me to point out that nothing you’ve said is original or impressive. We Gallente are more than happy to discuss and debate such issues, and in fact it has always been one of our most treasured national past times. Personally, I just prefer to have those discussions with people who have more interesting things to offer than petty insults for the sake of being insulting.

1 Like

I’ve never claimed it was particularly original or impressive. Only that you don’t like it, and the Federation does, in fact, more or less refuse to acknowledge it. Feel free to have your discussions amongst yourselves. Hopefully, the rest of the cluster will tune out your advice as thoroughly as that of the Amarr.

1 Like

Since when do Gallente not like to debate the nature of freedom? It is amusing how easily your pedestrian generalization falls to an even more common cliche.

Is it? Because I find it kinda funny how you keep insisting on attempting to refute something that wasn’t said. Is that how you ‘debate’, by not listening and then offering a response to something similar to the point that was made?

1 Like

It didn’t.

4 Likes

I’ve only ever been responding to this statement to point out that your opinion isn’t “a truth,” that we in fact love to face debates about the nature of freedom, that we do so regularly in our institutions of learning or just for fun, and that nothing about the topic is hard to acknowledge or confront. You did say it, it was silly, and I’ve seen no reason to bother with responding to your subsequent red herrings.

Show me now where I’ve said you don’t like to debate the issue.

There is a difference between not liking a thing, and not liking to argue the theoretical sides of issues including that thing. For example: I don’t like getting shot. I don’t particularly like shooting people. I’m more than capable of arguing the issue of ‘should some folks get shot?’ or ‘if you shoot someone, should you shoot to kill or to maim?’ for various sets of goals. I’ll even enjoy the debate, because it’s a mental exercize.

That doesn’t mean I’d enjoy staring down the barrel of a gun. I can like discussing or debating a thing, even if I don’t like the thing itself, or facing that situation.

So, again: please show me where I’ve said you don’t like debating it, rather than saying you don’t like the thing itself.

Hah, are you sure that’s the furthest you want to shift your goal posts?