Peace in our time

Then keep killing each other and creating more trauma. It really makes no difference to me. I’ve my own stake in this game and when that’s done, I’m going home.

2 Likes

Whoa! That’s a good one! I’ve never heard that one before!

And for the record, I said that because this is a thread about “peace in our time,” and you’ve thrown in your lot behind someone who simply wants to murder to get there. As you’ve pointed out with regard to Midular’s coup, that’s not peace. Unless, of course, violence suits when it’s toward your ends?

So maybe check where I’m coming from before you start throwing lameass attempts at insults in my general direction. Especially considering I’m the only Sebiestor who’s openly had your back in telling off the RSS.

And the moment she posted it, it belonged to the community.

I’d really rather we didn’t. I just don’t think it’s likely to end as long as people greatly misinterpret one another’s actions and reasons.

I mean, the really perverse thing about this is that we’re not the only ones. We’re not. The Amarr are just as twisted by all of this as we are. Some of it’s subtle, some of it’s less subtle. I mean, sure, there’s the whole psychological blow of the Rebellion, and Val’Akioth and stuff, but that’s not the real damage. I mean… think about it.

For thousands of years, they had this self-image of invincibility, of divine superiority. How’s that gonna twist them? How is lifetime after lifetime of looking down on everyone going to horribly skew their ability to even empathize with non-Amarr? After all, running the Empire the way it’s run… in some ways, it requires a lack of genuine empathy. It’s really little wonder they don’t recognize trauma, after so many generations of training themselves not to see it, of convincing themselves ‘that’s a sign of progress and healthy change’.

And that expectation of superiority… it creates personal expectations, too. How screwed up will people be when they’re told, generation after generation, that God says they’re perfect, so they better not be anything less than that?

It leads to people who can’t dare admit to errors. In some ways, the Rebellion was probably the healthiest thing that’s ever happened to the Empire. And that’s pretty screwed up on its own, ain’t it?

Yes, I’ll rather keep a brother-in-arms even if he wants war than send him off with Mitara ■■■■■■■ Newelle. Sue me.

Today was enlightening. I’ve learned a lot about all of you. Some things I wish I didn’t, but I’ve come to accept what I cannot control.

fervlasud

1 Like

Her latest message to the Kril Efrit wasn’t her telling him and RSS off. It was her trying to reconcile with them given a particularly nasty situation in her home town.

She is one of the capsuleers that has done the most to improve the situation of the Republic and of our people, because at the end of the day, the freedom and the security of our people is amongst the strongest prerequisites for peace. Eslebeth and I do not agree on alot, spirits know, however she’s earned the respect that she’s due.

1 Like

Noted. Thanks.

You should not be so quick to claim honors you have not earned. The ‘Open Letter’ was not telling off the RSS, and though you may have been the only one trying to make it so, you are far from the only Sebiestor who has been critical of them and supportive of Rhiannon’s efforts in relation to that matter.

Indeed that letter was intended more as an appeal to take action in favor of internal peace than it was ‘telling someone off’.

:popcorn:

1 Like

Don’t be so quick to find delight in conflict, Priano.

Speaking of finding delight in conflict, how much ISK have you earned thus far from those moons the Consortium allow LUMEN to exploit…?

It’s a loss. The 5% tax rate is below fuel expense for the structure. Thus, we are subsidizing industrial activity by those who benefit from the infrastructure.

What will be your next attempt at a low blow?

Nothing. The Consortium has done enough on its own to show its hypocrisy toward neutrality after Kahah.

Mr. Nomistrav, I remain impressed at how vigorously you throw yourself into attacking others with whatever ignorant insult you contrive.

It’s as Suresha Bataav has often said, I suppose.

edit; in any case, let’s let this little scuffle end, so that we don’t further derail Captain Rhiannon’s thread.

3 Likes

Less of an insult and more an observation, really. Just seems a little strange to offer aid and support to the Empire loyalists and then espouse that it’s unrelated to the subject of conflict between the Amarr and the Minmatar. Others might have been considered appeasers, but I suppose from a Caldari it’s to be expected.

1 Like

Riiiiiiight.

I shall take my leave of this thread for, as some have rightly pointed out, compared to some in this thread I am an intellectual minnow on this subject - a course of action some others on both sides might be best off following.

I, however, wanted to thank @Arrendis for explaining something I could never hope to understand otherwise. It has given me pause for thought and has made me reconsider some views I had prior. I still will hold that hope is required to obtain peace but I understand better now why that may not be possible for some at this time or any time in the near future.

Thank you.

2 Likes

The living seek it, the dead have it,
Soldiers fight for it, Wars start with out it,
New Eden has never known it.

The Answer is Peace.

There has always been war. There has been conflict never ending. While we could have peace today. It is quite simple. To simply lay down our arms and submit to another entity that claims “they” know best what to do with us. Well that my friends is the root of the problem. As every person is an individual united together with others on common tasks and purposes. Which have formed larger entities pressing their motives.

With peace comes compromise. Many refuse to compromise their ethics and moral standings with other groups which leads us to war. War to stand on whose ideals will last and whose Empire will be nothing but dust and ashes. Written only in books in some lost library marking its passing.

In my home I claim to of known relative “peace.” Until we were invaded. This invasion has lasted 21 months. For the most part my time as a pilot I have mostly only have known war. Looking back I see how foolish I was. My peace was paid by the blood shed of better men than me coming before me. While I lived in relative comfort good men stood at the gates willing to do bad things to bad people to ensure my safety was kept.

To quote an old saying the sheep are spared the horrors of the wolf by the diligence of the sheep dog or slaver hound. Which ever animal you prefer. In order to have peace you must prepare for war. In order for peace to be fulfilled you must defeat the evil that clings to all societies.

How do we defeat evil? There are several ways. One such way is through education. The other is through armed conflict. Either the war of intellectual debate or broadsides from las beams. Either way each is a war. Both done for the hope of peace in the end goal.

While many people do not care for war. They even criticize the war maker. I would say to my fellow Paladins and loyalists for its the war maker that prays for peace the most. While we are ready to reclaim the lost. Through words or by beams. By conversion of by gods judgement upon meeting him. I do not judge the heretic, traitor, pirate, or rebel terrorist. However, it is my duty to arrange that meeting if words fail.

While people may cry foul I would say this. The opinions of sheep mean little to the Sheep Dog or Slaverhound. For they know their duty. I say this especially to my fellow Paladin brothers and sisters.

Ive been told by my enemy that I also need them. That after so many years of constant warfare that I could never go back to how “I used to be.” I honestly laughed at them. Which they failed to realize. Paladins make war for peace. They are not crazed pirates looking for slaughter and blood. That is what I believe the reclamation is. We make war for a peaceful future.

This can take many different avenues of approach. Words or war. Once my homeland is secure on the frontier we will push into some of the lawless regions of the Empire subduing pirate lords. Reclaiming our home for the good people of the Empire. We will wage into other frontiers bringing forth the Amarrian flag. To secure our Empire both intellectually, spiritually, and physically.

Do I believe the Amarr Empire will launch another invasion of the Republic? I honestly do not believe that to be so. Our Empress is wise and kind. She has been greatly generous to the residents of the Providence Marches. What ever direction she goes we will follow. Words or War.

Amarr Victor…Ave Providence

Paladin Warden Kyle Saltz
Director of Corp 54
Ambassador of the Providence Marches.

I was referring to this thread:

If anyone has been “supportive of Rhiannon’s efforts in relation to that matter,” then that support is happening somewhere not in my view.

Don’t worry, though. I’m not inclined to offer my support to any of you anymore. So there’s a burden that you don’t have to bear anymore, I guess.

Yes, and as has been pointed out—including by the author you claim to be supporting

So clearly, everyone involved knew precisely to which thread you referred.

So your Clan’s moral and political positions depend on your bruised ego?

2 Likes