Penumbral Shadow skins

I received Penumbral Shadows skins (heron, Cormorant Navy, …) as progress rewards from the military campaigns. They look pretty good, but once claimed, they cannot be moved to a container/ship/hangar, traded, or contracted. Basically, the only option is to activate the SKIN. Is this a bug or a feature? And if this is the intention, why not have these activate automatically when claimed? It would be nice to at least be able to apply it to another character in my account who actually flies these ships.

Yeah, any SKINs that you earn as rewards (events, etc.) can only be automatically redeemed to that specific character. The exception to this is any SKINs received as a bonus when you purchase from the EVE Online store or SKINs purchased through the NES store.

1 Like

A feature. It’s an achievement skin and is intended for those characters who achieve it.

Because FC lacks code standardization during development.

It would be.

1 Like

It is good that they are not automatically applied as it gives me a chance to trash the skin. If there was a way to deactivate a skin once the licence has been activated it wouldn’t matter, but I don’t think there is.

So I got blown up while carrying the skin, it was green in the killmail but was not in the wreck when I went back to it, is it just gone forever?

Did you activate it?

Someone else has it now.

What if there were a leaderboard that would run monthly for things like Leaderboard for most Ore Mined in a Venture :pick:

That the top 10 pilots receive a unique skin design for their Venture.

Restricted items don’t drop, supposedly.

I did not. I have opened a support ticket and will report back.

1 Like

I have indeed been graciously reimbursed the SKIN. It was destroyed with the ship.

2 Likes