Performance issues

Nothing wrong with the other games I play, online or offline. Only EVE seems to have bitten more than it can chew. Guess we’re supposed to switch to Windows 11 with DX12, all for a game.
I don’t think so.

I am planning to get a new graphics card but not because the current one is bad, only for a better one. My system can handle NVDIA so I thought why not put a nice NVIDIA card in there?

My machine is just under 3 years old, whilst not a full monty gaming system I believe it sufficient for most games, and indeed it IS sufficient for most games… except EVE it seems.

I dont want to go Linux, for all its faults and BS i like a windows systems for gaming. I know that W10 will go out of support at some point and I currently have the opttion to update for free to Windows 11 but ive not taken that yet. but may well do in the near future. WIll it make a difference to Eve?, i sincerely doubt it, and to be honest even if it did is it worth it for this game, in this state. my personal opinion is proabably a no right now.

What has been highlighted though is that different people, with different system are having performance issues with Eve, and this has been since announcing updates to audio and visual aspects of the game, that is surely something that they need to look at

1 Like

Same issue. Also sometimes the game freezes. Like I am Jita, doing nothing cause AFK, when I come back, game is frozen. Also happened while in space.

What’s more if I jump few systems I can have huge delay in windows updates, like market can make a few seconds before showing the orders. Can also happen after a while. Looks like resource leak.

There are several options:

• your PC is terrible, either potato or some crappy laptop that was never meant to run games for real.

• your windows is messed up with 9 viruses and keyloggers and you’ve never cleaned anything (kinda like driving a car for 300000km and never changing the oil)

• your GFX settings are too optimistic for your PC (there were GFX additions to the last patch and they are enabled as of default, perhaps RTF patch notes and change your settings accordingly)

• you play with a zillion tabs open on your browser and/or running something else that just takes way too much

• you’re running too many clients for your PC setup

• old drivers, update everything (not just the videocard)

• you have an AMD and have the AMD fTPM stutter (can be solved by disabling it)

This is most people’s PC:

Terrible

@Giddy_McFee I agree nobody should need to upgrade their hardware for just one game. If it becomes multiple games, then it is obviously time to move up. I am not sure what “faults” Linux OS has, but it has been most reliable in my home. OS is your choice and I wasn’t pushing anyone to use Linux, just stating gamers have more options these days.

Also since posting the above, I installed EVE Online to my wife’s old HP laptop and it works just fine using Steam with Proton 7. I seriously doubt I can get something like Apex Legends or some other intense 3D game to function.

I am not sure what they changed within this game recently. Developers seldom, if ever, undo changes or revert to the prior versions. I believe it is a poor work ethic in the software community that forces today’s users to buy more hardware for their machines.

1 Like

It’s literally in the fcking patch notes: they added more gfx options and they are enabled as of default.

I cannot find the posts now but ive seen on the forums people with high end, very expensive graphics cards having issues

machine is a Win10, 16gb ram I5 with a RX 6600 graphics card (recently upgraded from a RX580, (i cannot afford a high end card)

i have no viruses or keyloggers

graphics settings, too optimisitc, yeah maybe, i get 3 standard options with eve, but altered my settings which is currnetly as the below

I have 3 monitors, 2 clients one on each monitor and 1 web broswer open with 3 tabs currently i am using 8.5gb of that 16gb according to task manager, oh and a discord session.

too many clients? i get the same issue with 1 client as i do 2

drivers, possibly i do update where i can but there maybe some that are missed

and, almost more importantly, i had NONE of these issues before CCP started “improving” audio and graphics and that was on my older RX580 card

• disable inspace skinning.
  • Enable FSR (performance, just to see what happens)
  • do a full driver update and use an updater program for it so it actually does all the stuff (ashampoo driver updater works just fine as a free version).

Try these 3, see what happens.

Also, which i5?

ill try those things, my bad it is an i7

I have an i5-8400 with a 1070Ti on a mobo with a good chipset and it’s a well maintained windows, I have zero issues. I’m not pulling high fps but that’s understandable but it’s all nice and smooth, undocking from Jita is no issue at all.

what are your graphics options set to?

Ashampoo shows 4 drivers to update, but i need to buy the product

Nah you can do it for free if you do them 1 by 1, only have to pay to do them all in one go.

My settings are almost maxed (since I have no issues) but I did enable FSR to gain some fps just to try it. The full screen setting is from trying it now to see if there’s any difference, normally use windowed.

1 Like

OK, updated the 4 drivers Ashampoo outlined

Also used CCleaner driver updator which highlighted about 10 more, i will give this a go for a few days to see how it gets on, although still had the 30/40 seconds of black screen from selecting my character to being in game (firing up 1 client) hopfully ill be thanking you in a few days :slight_smile:

See what happens if you disconnect all but one monitor. Also, what chipset do you have.

Device Manager says

Ok so no crappy chipset messing it all up. I just tried it while running WoW, Cyberpunk and 2 EVE clients. Started the 3rd and the game launched just fine into Jita dock.

Captura de Tela 2022-11-14 às 18.10.20

:smiley:

the screen is amazing thought

initial impressions on updating all those drivers are that things are smoother, as i say i still had the dark screen and a little stuttering on the station interior intro but not as bad as it has been, but them i am in a WH on my own bar an alt, ill try the 1 monitor another time when i can be arsed to unplug them from the machine :slight_smile:

Bless the day when CCP “Actually” deploy some graphical power…

Don’t get me wrong here… I remember playing on a Pentium 2 CPU with onboard graphics and it was pretty advanced back then…

Now ?

Oh dear - Things went badly South…

Pretty certain I have worn out MORE MICE with the “Constant Click Problem” AKA “CCP” than I have graphics cards…