Permabumping fix

The purpose of the module is to offer to the freighter pilot an useful counter to perma-bumping, not to add another vulnerabilities by increasing the ships cost and reducing it’s tank.

Can you stop for a second from trying to farm killmails on a ship designed just to carry stuff?
You still are trying to make a freighter pilot to comply with very convoluted requirements just to be able to survive in a high sec trip…

If a freighter must be so hard to stay alive in high sec, how is that some of most profitable mining ships are virtual indestructible when compared with a freighter? What if freighters will get comparable defenses with that of a mining ship like Roqual, a huge buffer and strong active tank… And let’s not discuss about the iwin panic button… :roll_eyes:

Ah, i get it now, safety is something allowed just for the nullbears :sweat_smile:

The bumper will target you and you can not safe log with an active target lock. Even if the target lock is acquired via the passive locking module and invisible to you, it will still prevent you from safe logging. The webbing trick works to prevent bumping in the first place, but safe logging is not a very useful strategy unless the bumper is extremely careless.

I agree in general with the need for a solution to extended bumping, because long stalemates are bad design and it’s very clearly an aggressive act that isn’t getting flagged properly. But the carebear whining is absurd:

There’s an easier solution: keep your cargo value low enough that a gank isn’t profitable. Survival is pretty easy, the problem is that freighter pilots keep being greedy and overloading their ships just because they can’t stand the idea of unused cargo space.

Sure, let’s make freighters into proper capital ships. But, like other capital ships, this means they can’t be used in highsec.

…because the whining of gankers who want soft and easy targets at their disposal is so much better to listen :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Well my proposal is aligned to yours, why are you still not happy? It offers a win-win situation for Eve online, for Pvpers, for Pve’ers, and it also solves your the bumping issue. Come on, none of us gets a 100% effective solution, safe environment, that entirely profits us - and alike many special mods there are some benefits ‘at the expense of’ some loss, yes?

Therefore, it cannot be a module that will entirely benefit freighters (or encourage afk hauling), and have griefers lose their game play. This is Eve online, there will always need the risk factor in play.

nope. Been bumped once for repetitive times, I was in jita with 0 item in my fenrir. Did not last long, I just blocked him and waited 5 min for him to get bored. Still 5 min waiting to know if people were about to come and gank my 800M ship for no reason, when I just wanted to dock in jita 4 and log off.

On the opposite, I’ve never been bumped when moving 10B worth in my <50M worth ship, I wonder why.

If there are soft and easy targets it’s only because stupid freighter pilots are voluntarily delivering them.

Key word: once.

keyword : bumped.

You’re missing the point. You got bumped ONCE, and didn’t lose anything but the 5 minute delay. There are plenty of rare events that happen occasionally in EVE, but that doesn’t mean those events are a meaningful threat. If you keep your cargo value within reasonable limits you reduce your risk to the extremely rare case of someone doing something weird and/or stupid just to be weird.

No, YOU are missing the point : flying an empty freighter does not prevent you from being bumped for as long as the bumper wants to, so your affirmation that cheap cargo freighters are “an easier solution” is false.
The freighter has NO solution ATM if someone wants to bump his ship.

I see no reason for a MORE EXPENSIVE ship to be LESS SAFE in HS in HS than another ship.
It is less safe because the game mechanisms make it subject to more threats.

1 Like

And, again, one in a million situations don’t matter. Hardly anyone is bumping empty freighters just because they can, the vast majority of bumping has a clear goal of setting up a suicide gank. The fact that you had an empty freighter bumped that one time doesn’t matter, you deal with those rare once-every-several-years events by just accepting that once every few years someone might be frustrated for a few minutes.

The simple fact is that keeping your cargo value reasonable will make 99.9999999% of your problems go away, and once every few years you can just log off to escape a random bump.

Yes it does. That is exactly the issue at hand. Just because you focus on bad gankers does not mean there are no people doing it without a way to gank.

The issue is the mechanism that allow someone to keep a freighter for as long as he wants impossible to warp or take a gate in HS. NOT that people get ganked in freighter.

Freighters are extremely safe. Their sheer HP total makes them expensive to gank, so if you keep the cargo value reasonable they aren’t a profitable target. The only significant danger comes from people assuming that they must fill every bit of cargo capacity, putting way too much ISK in their ship, and flying into known gank systems.

You had it happen ONE TIME. Sorry about the loss of a whole five minutes of your precious time, once in your entire EVE career, but this is a complete non-issue.

And you keep ignoring the fact that, without a suicide gank, there is no point in keeping a freighter from warping. Very few people are going to waste their time bumping someone just to annoy them, so the answer from a game design point of view is to focus on more important issues. And if you run into that annoying person once every few years, well, I guess you lose a few minutes of your precious time.

just because YOU don’t care does not mean it’s not an issue.

All your arguments here are “it does not happen often so it’s not an issue”. That’s not how it works. It happened to someone, so it is an issue. To be an issue it only needs to exists, frequency is irrelevant.

They are subject to more threats than other ships, so actually they are less. The only ships that are not safer are the shps with <20k ehp (can be naded down for 200M), less than 3k ehp(can be smartbombed), bastion module. All the other ships are safer than the freighter.

And yet I have come across a player who is bumped almost every journey, his attitude is great by the way.

The solution is the module I proposed few post above. Or just try other means. Space is for everyone in Eve, and anyone can do as they please.

Then you’re not thinking enough, expensive does not mean better. If we follow your line of reasoning then a tiny limited edition AT frigate could easily overcome a well trained Pvp pilot in for example a HAC?

The opposite of “less safe” is not “safer”, learn to read please.
You did not understand my reasoning at all.

As long as he accepts the consequences. Bumping someone for an extended period of time bears NO consequence.

Consequence = big time loss :grin: other than this, Bumping is not a punishable offence, not to CCP, nor to Concord.

And that’s exactly the issue, thank you for confirming though it was not really needed.