Permabumping fix

Looks like a future fix from the universal brand of Soon™ , well go on your merry way dear :innocent: as you mentioned, ignorance is bliss!

It is not soon and they were looking for other fixes and suggestions.

I would suggest you go try counter bumping, I would also suggest that you look to form up a team of bumper gankers, report back on your findings please.

PS. I do not talk from a position of ignorance, I have counter bumped and I have one character setup to gank a bumper. Both are so easily said, but when you actually do them it is not quite the walk in the park. So much for ignorance…

Oh noes bro, tried to help in advice, and that’s about as far I get involved to your cause and Eve online’s benefit. I live in null sec most of times, wdecs, ganks, hauling etc not my main concern. Anyhow gl out there.

I used the word have, as in had, the bumper ganker is one option but trying to get enough people to be willing and able to bumper gank is a pain, I am going to train a second account into the Talos, all he needs is the guns and then I just have to find another person willing and able and there are a couple.

In fact the most effective tactic that has really screwed the multi-boxing freighter gankers is a horde of skilled loot scoopers.

And many freighter gankers miss the old DPS rep races of the past, but some players realised that AG was loaded against them and left them to it expecting that boredom will do them in I was one of them. However while bumping exists freighter ganking is best done by multi-boxers which turns into a single player activity which then becomes a destructive loop of solo play in which they burn themselves out. So sometimes the best thing is to sit back and watch.

With the increase in plex cost and of course over fishing they screwed themselves. Still bumping needs to go because if that can actually create group play freighter ganking it will be a good thing.

Enjoy nullsec

1 Like

If you want such a proposal to ever be taken seriously, you need to show some concern for game balancing, which as stated, unless I misunderstood something, you’re not.

At a minimum, this module you’re proposing should have a spool up timer (like MJDs do), or something like that, that would still allow the freighter to be bumped for some time.

It cannot be such an overpowered “I win” button as you’re proposing…

I’m not wading into the whole bumping debate again, but I wanted to highlight that this is demonstrably false. If you align to a celestial with your MWD running (ideally for a few cycles so you are at or close to your current max speed) and enter warp as soon as the MWD cycle ends (which drops your current maximum speed by a very large amount) you will still enter warp instantly. I just verified this with several ships.

There is no ceiling on your speed which prevents you from warping, at least not anything as low as 125% of your max speed.

Scipio Artelius: that equation you posted a few replies later is for how long it takes your ship to reach its maximum sub-warp speed from a standstill. It’s got nothing to do with the speed criteria for entering warp. If you don’t believe me, try the test I laid out above. Wikis and equations are nice and all, but testing the software in situ always yields the most accurate results.

You even bother to read the initial post? If not please do it and then come back with a more informed feedback. Thank you.
Spoiler alert: is very clear stated that is one time use module, after that it burn…

Edit: at a second thought, a spool up timer might work even better that the one time use limit, as will indeed limit the use of it mostly and only against bumping. But the spool up timer must be a silent one to not compromise the utility of the module.

LOL. Now I’m certain not only you don’t care about game balancing at all, but you cannot read either, so don’t expect anyone that knows what EvE is about and how to play the game to take seriously anything you say…

And WTF does it being a one time module have to do with you cannot pretend that it should remove the possibility of the freighter being bumped at all (even if it’s once only)?

If the issue was that of freighters being immune to bumping, then the thread was called “immunity to bumping fix” :sweat_smile:

The initial post was edited to replace the one time use limit for the module with a spool up timer of 20 seconds

Yes, of course, because not having said it that way in the subject proves that’s not what you’re trying to achieve…

Also because you’re so honest that you would clearly state that what you really want is complete safety and suicide ganking to be nerfed one step at a time until completely removed, if that was the case…

20 seconds… ROFL

No, it will not remove suicide ganking, just the possibility of never-ending bumping
Also, stop being a lazy ganker and be more willing to put some work on it.

ROFLMAO. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Indeed, you got used with a freighter bumping mechanic who favor laziness. Be more alert, keep ganking fleet ready for rapid deployment, don’t ask for keeping in place a mechanic who deny hours of play time from other players to compensate for your inabilities.

PS: now you better move on, this is not a thread dedicated neither for trolling or ganking lobby so i will report any other off topic post. Thank you!

Yup, endless repeats of the same thing. Comical these bears think they are the original!

Removed a large number of off topic posts. Keep it on topic and civil, thanks.

1 Like

I never flew a freighter but if I were bumped I’d safe log off come back later with an alt to scout the area where I loged and get back to playing if it’s all ok or I’d have an alt to web me or a scout alt or I’d do what I been doing for years now and pay someone else to deal with transporting my junk because I don’t feel I’m good at it.
However I can understand some players involved in hauling may feel griefed by repeated bumping despite having little to no cargo worth being ganker over so how about granting freighters more agility

I’d like clarifications for you removing my post(s) as not being ‘civil’ or ‘off topic’ please? Should you not be able to point it out, I’ll have to contest that instance.

If the head comment of a chain gets removed, the rest of the posts go with it. If your posts got removed along with other, my apologies.

Ah okay understood. Thanks for clarifying.

Okay, assuming OP’s propostion is accepted for implementation, while considering the attributes which has been proposed - and taking into account that such a ‘bumpfix-mod’ (for short, BFX), would be a game-changing module, I believe that its acquisition and use should be as risky as flying with officer mod. So here is a counter proposal:

BFX Acquistion:
Contrary to OP’s proposition, the BFX would not be destroyed after use (as it will have loot-able value). I propose that CCP come up with a new type of Pve site (exclusive to null-sec) which would require a fleet of 30-40 pilots to contest. Maybe this could also intrigue and induce further interest for newbros and vets to tag along, and discover nullsec and the surroundings. Also up to CCP team to decide which class of ships the BFX would be adapted to.

Attributes & Side effects of the BFX:

• Only 1 module per ship / Low slot (as OP suggestion)
  • Reduce the mass of the freighter to 95% (as OP suggestion)
  • Total loss of armor resistance (em/therm/kin/exp) upon activation.
  • Armor HP reduced by 50%
  • Time cycle 30s

Alternative for pirates, this would mean get the gank fleet ready asap (so more recruits eve-wide), and probably the BFX loot would have great resale value.

Awaiting your feedbacks (if any).