Nobody would love to lose their progress, but what if there were benefits strong enough to take the risk? Allow me to introduce my vision on a capsuleer that will die permanently after losing their pod instead of transferring consciousness into a new clone.
Years of research within the Serpentis Inquest R&D Department have led to unexpected results — a couple of modifications made to the transneural burning scanner provide the capsuleer with vastly increased training speed, compared even to the Omega Pilots. After some initial tests, Sigma Pilots, as named by their creators, proved to be most effective in combat operations after demonstrating enormous perception and willpower. However, the modifications made to the transneural burning scanner bear some irreversible results — Sigma Pilots are unable to transfer their consciousness into a fresh clone. Whatever the reasons behind this malfunction are, they did not prevent the Serpentis Corporation from making a patent on the invention.
My vision on Sigma Pilot in-game:
- Vastly increased training speed for combat-related skills. We do not want to see trading and industrial alts abusing the training speed, don’t we?
- Unable to use skill injectors/extractors.
- Unable to fly capital ships.
- Once a Sigma Pilot, always a Sigma Pilot. You can’t change your clone state no matter what.
- Character permadeath after losing the pod.
- Inheritance contracts.