Personal structures

Wouldn’t it be easier to have a alt with a DST with a fleet hanger and a MTU?

Could skill one quickly on your alt character if you have one?

(Updated image including light detail)

7 Likes

I loved using the orca for mission, mining, hauling support. Its a great ship that can assist for smaller ops. When you get to wanting to carry around two t2 battleships though,… carriers are the ■■■■. :slight_smile:

freighters can dock?

Too big volume to fit, so no. Its just a small hangar with cargospace. I dont know if to allow fitting any modules, maybe for small market only and invention, jump clone and defense missiles. Sort of entry point structure for poorer alphas. The wheel I imagine would turn and generate shield power (POS like game mechanism of vulnerability) and i planned to include some glowing on the inside side of the ring, and small lightnin-like emanating from the top and botom pillars ends.

well if mobile depots let you re fit i mean… makes sense a huge but smaller than pos or citadel station would let you refit. I can agree with the docking freighters… orca is good! thats all we need, a temp safe for a short period of time, like a couple days of invulnerability. :dancer:

1 Like

well if they dont bring in something smaller then they really did put the nail in the coffin for eve exploration imo. lol… nice thinking ccp. that pride or ego? idk why you guys wont keep an open mind but not my problem, im jsut here for hte popcorn now. :smiley:

Why do people always ask for OP broken stuff. Think about it…if I can use that then why buy anything bigger?? So you want to be able to do Indy dock basically cap sized ships fit market and clone bay…well why do I need an orca or rorq…why would I ever use the med sized structures? What do you suppose you’d use to carry and deploy these an iteron? Seriously??

I love exploration and its my main pve activity, but I also realize that asking for OP small structures isn’t going to happen. Also for exploration you will need something you can carry in the exploration ship…like a stratios. My idea has been for a T2 mobile depot that offers a limited expansion of abilities to a regular depot…and splits the abilities up by type so its not all powerful and negates the other already used and in game items. Feel free to visit the thread I made in the CSM subsection and toss in your ideas and give support to an idea that has a snowballs chance in hell of actually happening.

It would not have the same capability and functionality as the bigger structures for sure if CCP would ever do it. It would be something that would provide limited options.

This was my idea to fill the solo/small structure idea. I think it has a much higher likelyhood of being an acceptable fix as it doesn’t over power choices already in game.

Small Citadells schould be a thing before POS will be removed. But I guess that is the plan anyway? Why would they name those medium, large, extralarge and then tell us: There will be never a small one.

Guess they just started with the Citadells that CCP regarded most important.
Or is this a starbuck like thing? Grande, Venti…

(sorry if all the Rieslingschoppe is taking a toll on my English…)

I see no benefit from this. When I originally thought about having my own personal camp site in Eve Online I wasn’t thinking of a whole structure like that where you can just have a lot of shields and a repair service with it where you can dock up a ship the size of a Raven. I was thinking more along the lines of an RV or a decent sized tent type structure that is slightly larger than a mobile depot.

I carry a few mobile tractor units and a mobile depot in the cargohold of my Orca whenever I want to quickly setup camp in a small area if I’m not in the mood to constantly go back and forth between where I am and a nearby citadel.

It would be nice to have a new deployable that is unique in the sense that it offers something other deployables lack but still need the other deployable types to compliment it. I am unable to figure out what that feature would be.

Hidden. :wink:

Maybe have a bay for hiding module that would remove it from directional scan and would make it unscanable by every ship in the game, but it would consume special isotopes. And would have bay for that isotopes. Jove observatories used to be cloaked all the time.

There is already a deployable like that. It’s called a Mobile Scan Inhibitor. It hides everything within a 30km range from all scans… except the inhibitor itself. This is a double edged sword to be honest. On the one hand it seems to make it an enticing target for the pvper but on the other hand it could be hiding a very nasty surprise setup by a savvy prey.

Would rather see it be under similar mechanics to a mobile depot as it is now. Hard to kill unless you camp it. The intent being it shouldn’t be littering space unless you’re actively using it. As it is now if you want to dock ships you should have to be able to reasonably defend that…which a solo or even 2-3 man group isn’t going to do in most cases. It also doesn’t help the type of people who most want a small structure. The people who I see asking for it most are explorers and other roaming type people. The need something with a bit utility than a current mobile depot but can fit inside a reasonable cargo hold. I think a T2 type mobile depot that offers a single service at an extremely reduced capacity would fit the bill. There could be 3-4 types each offering their flavor of service. No docking though as it wouldn’t make much since seeing that you’d be docking in a thing that fit in say a stratios.

Depot is so big it cant really fit in Stratios realistically without some clever dimensional curving. So they could do something a lot bigger and still fit it in Stratios. Mini citadel. The Pocket Death Star. :sunglasses:

OP and broken…a small structure should not be better than a medium structure period. CCP won’t even take ideas like that seriously anyway. Its a common theme I see here on the forums too, “lemme have my cake and eat it too”. Lets be realistic about the issue. Why do you need to be able to dock a ship in something meant for a roaming playstyle? Something that tethered for a bit of fuel is really all you need. If you’re going to go afk longer than that is useful for then idk maybe…safe log and come back when you’re ready to play. I want to see something that’s realistically going to stand a chance to actually be added, and that helps the nomad/roaming exploration players. They need repairs, ammo, maybe a bit of compression, and storage for a day or 2. They don’t need to dock ships…if they want to move in like that there are options already in game to handle that.

I thought its about wormhole exploration and staying in wormhole for a bit of time, basically replacing small POS with structure.

Either you’re moving in and need to dock multiple ships or you aren’t and can just safe log if you intend to be away for long enough that you’re worried about being tracked down. 9/10 times you can cloak and tbh you can always use a T2 or regular depot at this point to refit a cloak and do all the afk you want. The point being if you’re going to move in enough assets you need to dock stuff…you need to take the risk of using a medium structure. If you wanna spend a day in there you can bring your T2 depot and get repairs from a tether stash your ammo and drones or whatever and some other fits if needed and by tomorrow or end of the weekend you’re leaving. You scoop your depot and take off. If you have more loot than you can carry its time to make a few runs out of the hole and drop in a station to scoop later. Or use an alt in a industrial to swing by and pick up the loot before you move out. You can even use an alpha for something like that so its super easy and not really much of an investment for the rewards you can get.

I always wanted something that looks like a minmatar outpost. Except i could customize how it looks. Put quafe billboards on it. Just a place i can call my own. :heart:

2 Likes