Personal structures

Make them modular like the tech three cruisers… so you can add some type of sub system and they can provide a tailored bonus or attribute.

1 Like

I actually really like that idea. Would give them more flavor and utility as well as making it so they can cover the small structure gap without being useless to solo nomads which is really the types who need the small structure.

Well it seems that ccp is fact planning to make something. It will be exciting to see what they come up with for us. :slight_smile:

1 Like

As far as I know CCP hasn’t detailed how they want to replace poses. The obvious solution is to introduce an s-size citadel that in a bare bones config is closer in price point to a pos than an astrahus. Maybe disallow big ore ships and freighters, and give it the same vulnerability timer as an astrahus, with less hp, so it’s easy for small numbers of dedicated players to clean up.

Should be sized to deploy from an industrial or blockade runner (I think this is a pretty hard requirement too, deployables that can safely store ships shouldn’t be able to be carried in cruisers or combat fit battleships).

2 Likes

CCP did mention the future of citadels at FanFest this year mind you… but not much detail, rather an overview of what ideas are being gathered. Should be sometime late this fall or next year…?

I have an Idea for a small structure that would work IRL.
But people might bit** about it here, but here goes.

A sphere.
Name: Redoubt Size-2
Provides the maximum amount of internal volume for the least amount of materials.
Could be built quickly.
Could have all the functionality and attributes of an Astrahus, due to smart design.
Have fold out solar panels to run at least one or two module indefinitely as long as it is not under attack, at which point it runs off of fuel blocks like all other structures.

It could be scaled up and down even
Redoubt Size-1
Provides the maximum amount of internal volume for the least amount of materials.
Could be built quickly.
Could have all the functionality and attributes of an Astrahus, -Minus Docking freighters and BBs, maybe BC as well, due to smaller, smart design.
Have fold out solar panels to run at least one module indefinitely as long as it is not under attack, at which point it runs off of fuel blocks like all other structures.
Could be used as a forward reprocessing station to turn crap loot into minerals for easy transport.
Could be used as a starting core for building larger stations/upgrading.
Could be used as a fast set up rapid repair staging aria for smaller ships with tethering for larger ships.
Just that bare bones utility drop for a prolonged stay, but you do not want to take up permanent residency.

Redoubt Size-3
Uses the same amount of materials [maybe a bit more] as an Astrahus but functions as a Fortizar, due to being a sphere and utilizing space and materials far more efficiently.

etc.

1 Like

What’s the point of an astrahus if this has all the same functionality but requires no fuel?

I think if we need something between a bare-bones pos forcefield and an astrahus, make a fueled deployable with storage, fitting services, repair, but with no other module based services, that gives you a place to store and refit ships, dock up, and if it gets reinforced, you can just haul your ■■■■ out assuming you aren’t camped in and abandon it and it’s maybe a 500m loss.

and uses less materials. :wink:

The Austrahus is made by Upwell, a competing company is introduced, let the free market decide which products it wants. :slight_smile:
Upwell should not be “To big to fail” like some IRL company’s.
Give them some competition.

:roll_eyes:
https://forums.eveonline.com/c/fiction-portal

IDK, I think too many restrictions are being thrown about. think of it in a sense of POV… as if you are really in the future, and your culture has all that technology, etc, at the grasp of your fingertips.

I dont care if it cost fuel, just reduce the amount required to use the structure and its features.
I dont care if ship restrictions exit, just allow most ships that can use a small pos to be allowed to use the structure.
I dont care if theres much required items to make said structure. more or less, just keep it to scale.
I dont care that the structure has less hitpoints etc. Its intention is for day/weekend tripping

I do care that carrier and dreads be able to tether or dock… same for freighters. otehr wise, its useless to even use it. even a mobile depot can serve a dread pilot… so should a small citadel.
I do care that its up and down time are around or less than an hour. keeping it same or close to a S/L pos.
I do care that for the short time the structure is active, that it is stable to use and cannot be simply blapped.

Keep in mind, we are not replacing med or large pos, or stations… we are replacing small poses that serve nomadic style game play, that will GIVE said explorer pilot incentive to buy the structure, fly into hostile space, and actually be able to use it.

if you give it a timer for use, say its can operate 72 hours at atime, then services come offline etc, then for the time it IS operational, allow it to provide the contents inside, protection from attack. perhaps the idea here is to, roll for a system with desired sites to run or explore, yo udrop the structure and move a few ships into system. you explore the system a day or three, then you are able to take down the structure and move on to the next system. ?

too many restrictions make me feel like it wont be of much use. Really the idea is meant to provide security, while pilot takes a leak, mom calls yells gotta go pick up the kids. or hey hun, you been playing this game ALL day long, why dont you come to bed and you can pick up tomorrow… :slight_smile: its just a safe house for short interruptions. Im not sure it needs refining, cloning, markets, etc… but maybe repair, refitting, tethering or docking of some kind for the ships you bring.

3 Likes

I really like this idea personally.

here is a crazy idea to add though…

for small structures only, they can be anchored in shattered whs…

:smiley: lol
EDIT:

if we made them unique, they could in fact serve the shattered wh a bit… add content… but keeping the structure life span or availability for use is temporary. give us a weekend to run the sites and then have to pack up and leave… :slight_smile:

1 Like

A sphere shaped structure.

Something like this.

1 Like

CCP should bring back captains quarters but make them exclusive to citadels for people with permissions in said citadel but rather it being a view of your hangar its like an office on the top of a citadel with windows.

1 Like

well imo the walking in stations would have been perfect for citadels and with the commons we could rent, it would provide a different environment we are to hang out and socialize with, pretending we are actually standing in a space station talking with out friends over a make believe beer… lol and I thought that was where ccp would take it but then they scrapped it. :frowning:

for me its all about the immersion… to convince me, to help me forget im here, but to make me feel like, Im really there. Eve just doesnt do it for me. its not realistic. it is fun but the walking in station, captians quarters, and all really made it more realistic. I actually enjoyed walking out on the dock to my ship… that was the best part of Eve right there, those days… are long gone now.

Star Citizen has taken over in that regards for me. I still play Eve a little but tbh its lost its touch years ago, and with all the scandals the corps get into… lol it just gets old. everywhere you look people are trying to hack you, steal from you, etc etc… meh…

As for what the game is like now, the new space coming out, and hopefully CCP runs with it, and creates more storyline break aways, while adding new pockets that attach off k space. I think it would be interesting and reinvigorating for Eve… it feels rather stagnant with its limited space and gameplay. So many rules or conditions about everything in the game make the game feel less realistic and more like developed software that is laid out before us… there is no player creation here. the content, I get it, sure pvp is the main thing here, new structures, new space, will serve those roles as well as the industrial sides.

3 Likes

this is my idea for a sort of RV if you will for solo nomads/explorers as OP said an astrahus or raitaru are too big for a nomad lifestyle and I thought this would fill the gap, obviously the model isn’t perfect but its a proof of concept

4 Likes

A lot of people would use the t2 battleships for sites in c3 and c4 if these could sustain up to battleship size hulls, I wonder?

Basically its a large mobile deport. but will it tether? can I still have a force field? I like the force field! lol

1 Like

Hey FraznoFire, can you make one that is a little more sphere shaped?
With more of a recessed entrance/exit.

That way it could be scaled up or down to meet the need.
Size #1__can only dock frigs.
Size #2 _can dock frigs and DDs
Size #3__Frigs, DDs, cruisers, mining barges and smaller indis.
Size #4__Frigs, DDs, cruisers, mining barges and smaller indis, BC
etc

2 Likes

If it has no reinforce timer it is way worse than a mobile depot and everyone using it will come back to their ship floating in space after docking in this to log off.

A dockable structure is useless if it can’t protect you while you are offline.

EDIT: the other option would be that you can’t probe it down, but that’s even more overpowered than invul timers

Give it shorter reinforce timers than a larger structure.

1 Like