I though we were still waiting on “small” structures?
I hope you’re not holding your breath while waiting.
Taking bets on which happens first; more Upwell structures or colonies on Mars?
Pretty sure it’s colonies in the moon now…
Bastion modules should be called something else, like Boost Module, so we could make the nano-vargur re-live. No complete stop. Removed. It had sense with the 100% plate bonus, but with those removed, it has become a real liability.
Yeah, you ship in three Freighters, each with 1/3d of the load, with possibly a t2 BC with commando rigs for shield and armor. Or T3 if you wish. Or a command destroyer… hard to catch…
COnCord is slow but 3X targets… will they focus fire on one only? If you can hire a freighter group like FROG, they will dispacth a full escort fleet around 3-4 freighers, and deploy a fully armed Legion.Tengu.Loki.Proteus commando fleet along regular Drone BC and deal with any problem on the road.
Oh my gawd, you’re one of those people. There’s no point in ever talking to each other again. We’re from different galaxies.
I don’t see any problems. The game is entertaining in several ways. It’s better than many other games.
I don’t think the game needs changing. Exordium is already an extreme add-on. I really don’t see how FC can improve on something that’s already damn near perfect.
Dude/dudette seriously just stop harping over the marauders. Learn how to fit them, or dont.
Are we still on this? FFS already…
Let the man talk his feelings. It’s a forum!!!
He expected a T2 assassin ship, he got a glass cannon, let it be. Not everybody needs to agree with FC design.
I agree that if he does not like it, he can stop using it, but it’s a process, he will accept it in time.
No, he needs to let it go…really.
He got to the point that he was spamming ridiculousness all over this forum…something that is against the rules.
Also after having threads by him being locked down because of spamming, he dodge it by creating more threads using an alt to bypass the repercussions he received. Oh and even admitted that he was purposely flagging other peoples posts for the mere spite of it. Thats not what a forum is for.
No, he tore those bridges down long ago. He doesnt get to gain any more notoriety from it at all.
Except, he didn’t get a glass cannon. He got an overpowered ship that he doesn’t know how to fly. And when he gets caught, he blames the game, the devs, the other players – anybody but himself.
He was already on extremely borrowed time when he first undocked…
Well hell, I can’t believe I read every single reply in this thread…
The thing I find most disturbing in this thread is that nobody mentioned the fact that the OP, despite being created in 2005, just joined the forums last month, posted 2 replies in different threads and then creates this thread and hasn’t bothered to respond to any replies… Not to mention the fact that all of the topics listed in the OP are major sore spots that have been disputed in these forums for a very long time…
Anyway, figured I should point that out… And that’s all I have to say, carry on…
DMC
o7
Something that is ‘wrong’ for player A may be ‘right’ for player B. Given that nobody forced player A to be player A or player B to be player B, and their playstyles and positions are entirely self chosen, where is the unfairness ?
That’s the thing about EVE. Anything that gives a random player an advantage is open to anyone. People choose to be whatever they are in EVE. They choose their advantages, and they equally choose their disadvantages. And having done the latter…where are the grounds for claiming that a particular mechanic is ‘wrong’ ?
If you don’t like lions chewing at your backside…don’t choose to be a wildebeest !
I agree, but when bad designers normalize everything, because they want “balance”, the meta emerges and A is the norm, B is plain stupid.
I mean, the choice of being stupid may be a thing…
Some meta will always form though, it is inevitable that players figure out the better strategies and mostly use those to have a better chance at winning.
Balance is when the difference between A and B isn’t too large that B is totally irrelevant and that sometimes changes are made so that a new meta emerges instead of keeping the game stale.
Striving for balance therefore is not a bad thing, as long as the devs don’t make the mistake to equalize everything and lose the unique strengths of different options.