Petition to the Throne, Imperial Majesty Catiz I

I need you to record this in audio so I can play it on repeat over the comms of certain Empire (and also Republic) stations.

1 Like

Maybe hire a expendable reputable voice actor for that? My experience with looping voice messages leads me to believe that they will inevitably be annoying enough for people to come after me with torches and pitchforks.

Not to mention that the annoyance factor will undermine the message.

2 Likes

Fair points, all.

2 Likes

not asking Lord Vaari first

hrrr

2 Likes

I, Nauplius, do hereby SPIT UPON this treasonous petition and beseech @Alar_Chakaid and the Theology Council to investigate all its signatories for liberalism, abolitionism, and anti-Amarrian activities.

The most sacred sentence in all the Scriptures; nay, the most sacred thing ever written by anyone anywhere, is this:

I give to you the destiny of Faith,
And you will bring its message to every planet of every star in the heavens:
Go forth, conquer in my Name, and reclaim that which I have given.
- The Scriptures, Book of Reclaiming 22:13

Nothing — and certainly not some pathetic CONCORD treaty — can override the imperative of this Scripture. Nothing.

Floseswin IV is a planet, and it orbits one of the stars in the heavens. We in the 24th Imperial Crusade have already occupied that space. Now, we faithfully await House Sarum’s conquest and reclaiming of the planet itself. Conquest and reclaiming with chains, collars, whips, and Vitoc, that is.

It will be the most glorious day since the Reclaiming of the Bleak Lands; perhaps the most glorious day since the end of the Minmatar Rebellion itself. May it come quickly. Amen. Amarr Victor.

1 Like

Please stop. You’re making their point.

6 Likes

Nauplius makes it clear that, contrary to the claims of the esteemed Directrix, there is no rule of law in Amarr. All there is is rule by the Privy Council, dressed up as scripture or Imperial decree depending on expedience.

He also makes it clear that human dignity is not an Amarrian value. Or if it is, it is subordinate to conquest and pillage.

The only things Nauplius makes clear are that he’s not one of us and that he’s an absolute monster.

5 Likes

Oh please. Nauplius, as everyone who ever met him knows, is insane . In the quite literal sense. He has a history of lunacy going back almost a decade, ever since he declared himself a Sani Sabik prophet, and also a history of loyal Amarr subjects trying to stop him. His ravings have nothing to do with Amarr values and show nothing other than the state of decay of his own mind.

8 Likes

Some Inquisitors enjoy petitions, as the signature list gives them a nice neat list of all the guilty persons.

3 Likes

But he buys his slaves-to-abuse-and-murder from Holders.

1 Like

And anyone who sells him any are just as awful as he is.

2 Likes

I’d go so far as to say the people who refuse to enact reasonable safeguards in the system to prevent him from getting any are also in that category.

2 Likes

And since the Empire allows them to sell to him, does that mean that the Empire is as awful
as he is?

This is more of a problem with the Secure Commerce Commission. They let them sell to him more so than the Empire does. Anyone can put up anything anywhere. You could even bring slaves to the Republic and put them up on the market under the SCC.

Obviously slaves are sold on SCC most often in the Empire (and in Curse) because that’s where the most are, but the fact that they can be and are listed for sale everywhere shows that it’s a flaw in the SCC allowing them on markets. I’m fully in favor of removal of slaves off of SCC markets and LUMEN as a whole doesn’t allow the sale of slaves at our market Fortizar, keeping consistent with those values.

7 Likes

“Several loyal and faithful capsuleer subjects sent petitions as to the trading of slaves in the markets of Holy Amarr, submitting respectfully that an Imperial Decree forbidding the trading of slaves through SCC markets in the Amarr Empire should be issued. The Privy Council of Her Imperial Majesty Catiz I declines this petition, noting that to follow its faithful, yet mistaken advice would be to infringe on the prerogatives of the Holders of Holy Amarr. So ordered in the Privy Council of Her Imperial Majesty Catiz I.”

-Cardinal Itharen

2 Likes

I am confused as to why you’re trying to make this point about whether the Holders or the SCC are more responsible for slave trading in stations when the following are all true:

1. the person you’re grilling is not a Holder;
  2. the person you’re grilling has done as much as she can to stem the selling of slaves by prohibiting them at the Fortizar she helps to run and indeed banning Nauplius after he tried to do exactly that;
  3. the person you’re grilling gave Nauplius a nasty black eye just a week ago;
  4. you are way off topic.

This looks like a point of pride to me, Kernher, and that has always been your weakness.

5 Likes

Yes, I’m aware of the rejected petition.

I’m also aware that as of a few minute ago there are tens of thousands of slaves on sale in Jita, at least a thousand in Rens, some in Sinq Laison, and smatterings elsewhere.

Even were the Empire to ban Holders from selling slaves to the SCC markets, people would just get them from Curse or Delve, where Angels and Blooders also put them up in large amounts and spread them around. The problem will remain so long as the SCC doesn’t ban the sale of slaves at its markets everywhere.

But yeah, we are off topic. Ping me elsewhere (off-topic thread or a new one) if you wish to continue.

4 Likes

I’m not grilling Lyra. I’m grilling the idea that Nauplius is an isolated case. He’s not. He’s enabled by other people, the product of a rotten system, and trying to play him off as not representing the Empire is folly.

I know this because I once did that. I too pushed the argument that he was a blooder who didn’t represent the Empire. But he does. He does because we’ve facilitated his existence. And until that changes, even if you ended Nauplius, more just like him would rise in his place.

We have to acknowledge that Nauplius isn’t something we can just wash off. He’s a symptom of our sins.

1 Like

Sir, if this was actually what was proposed, that might be a different thing, but it doesn’t seem to be the case. Lord Qatib Olacar xer Sarum expressly called them ‘labour acquisition expeditions’, which I did not believe was the reason behind the Reclaiming at all. While it may be a byproduct in some cases, it is not it’s purpose, is it? The lack of even mentioning bringing people to the Faith in the original statement is what troubles me the most out of anything else mentioned or talked about.

-Lady Liliana Qadriyah Llŷr-

7 Likes