Photon UI - TQ Feedback Thread

rhe ships and hanger option sometimes doesnt appear under the station menu even though it is activated. to get it back i need to expand the menu out to the left and then back again

Also items are not displaying in the window properly

going to shoot my shot here for Photon suggestionsā€¦

pleaseā€¦ PLEASEā€¦ if I can do this in Photon then I am the happiest players

LET ME DRAG DRUGS FROM MY CARGO ONTO MY MODULE BUTTON BAR

including event drugs. just let me drag them so I can use them by pressing one of my F keys

this would massively increase the usability of drugs. its so awkward and painful to have to have a cargo window open at all times and do this silly right click menu stuff to eat them

just let me put them on my module bar. please please please

1 Like

you played diablo back in the day didnā€™y you?

Screenshot_14

How are iterations on this feature coming along? A change log of what was adjusted would be very nice when the next version is being released. This would make it much easier to do the free of charge alpha test work for you.

REDNES

I switched back to the old for now, having to drag the hanger box a bit left then back to normal position for the hanger items to display in a grid as well as having to do that to see this ship/hanger tabs was happening all the time.

A lot of the windows in the new UI (general wasted space, buttons too large etc) take up much more real estate than the old UI as well which i didnt like.

Dear CCP,

The new UI looks tight, but pls gib back my pink accents.

With love,
Silver Adara
CEO Lunar Legion

I donā€™t get it, Where do we place our Feedback?
In

or here or where?
When I pressed on the in-game words ā€œGive Feedbackā€, instead of taking me to give Feedback, it took me to the Forums to see all of the topics that exist on Photon UI.
Is there a specific thread for Feedback? Maybe the ā€œGive Feedbackā€ button in-game should just link to that thread.

I guess that is the only Feedback in the meantime, until that link points me in the right direction to leave more.

WTF. Nevermind the above. It seems some improvements were made to the direction, or I missed it on my last time.
I will post my Feedback below.

I switched to it 3-4 weeks ago I guess and I find the old UI unbearably glitchy and slow now even with a few notable bugs in photon

The blinking Block that tells you that (that module is already active, your weapon is empty, stop pushing that damn button 20 times I heard you the first time, and other things like that)

Suggestion: when moving messages is active add a drop down for that warning-message block that occurs in space so that we can decide what we want warnings about. That block blinks so often that when I actually need to know something it is warning me about my mind ignores the message because it is assuming it is just more messages I dont care about, so about the 5th time i push the same button and the message comes up for a 5th time I finally realize that the message has information I actually need to know.

In short, fewer blinking messages leads to quicker understanding that you do in fact need to know what that message is trying to tell you.

hey ccp can you make an option to make your own UI theme, maybe using the interbus whatever theyā€™re called for custom structure and ship skins?

Tried it for e few days and I really like the look of it so itā€™s definitely a step in the right direction.
Unfortunately I had to disable because it wastes a lot more screen real estate compared to the old UI.
I think the problem is that there is a lot more padding on some elements. Especially in windows like chat and fleet.

1 Like

Trying it right now. Things I like:

• Performance
    It feels faster, reactive. Windows donā€™t get stuck, donā€™t lag - this is a big improvement.

Things I dislike:

• Screen real estate
    This is fine on a single 2k display, but when youā€™re squeezing multiple clients in around it starts to get in the way. Take the inventory bar. You can either have a massive ā€œINVENTORYā€ in the top bar or lose the entire sidebar.
  • less themes
    Once upon a time we had the ability to commit crimes against taste with color selector bars. Then we had 2 racial themes, plus pirate factions, plus a few color-specific ones (like Radar and Nebula - respectively dark green and dark red). Now itā€™s down even more.

What makes me wtf:

• Guys, film grain? Really?
    No really. Itā€™s just irritating, at least add a toggle.

Market window comparision side by side
Good:
Moving the region title to the title bar
Moving the quickbar new folder button etc into one line at the top
Bad:
the three big buttons top right waste space(NES, to Multibuy), Can you move them to the title bar as well?
Minimize/Close buttons way bigger now and have extra padding, wasted screen real estate
Current item display above the tables also has padding wasting space

Result: screen real estate for the actual important information (buy and sell table) is less than before.
Bad change

Sell window not usable, because of overlapping input fields

1 Like

Yea this horrible, the compact UI better have font and icons exactly the same size or smaller, for sure not bigger.

Why is everything fucā€¦ big ass, if everyone keeps complaining about it and asking for small stuff.

This was the same reason why there was such a shitstorm about the horrible skill UIā€¦ because everything was and still is super fat and padded and there is no way to make it smaller.

1 Like

Glad it got better. But on a large scale, itā€™s just as hard to play. Still halfway through. The font spreads and gaps are not agreed in many places, there are many unnecessary transitions with transparency in the windows, for example, in the window of the list of participants in the chat, there is no such clarity as on the old one.

In the latest iteration still there is still no windows transparency without enabling windows blur first. Since windows blur still erases HUD icons behind windows itā€™s garbage. Please fix either blur or transparency dependency.

1 Like

I still havent forgiven you for changing the Neocom icons from those rich colorful icons that you can easily see and tell the difference between to the new whatever confusingness that exists. Can you just give us the 2008 UI which was the best UI.

2 Likes

I have the same problem.

Icon size in ā€œSelected Itemā€ changes wildly, please fix it.

exefile_2022-05-13_18-46-37

4 Likes