phpBB 3.2 EVE SSO / ESI extension [beta]

Odd. I have my avatars imported ?
Mayby something went wrong with the installation of the script or mayby some setting is off for you ?

It technically does not import the avatars but sets the avatar to the image from ccps imageserver. Could you check in the adm if remote avatars are allowed? The mod installation should have done this but maybe this went wrong.

Uninstalled and re-installed phpBB, re-activated mod and checked settings. My Admin character still has no Avatar in profile or posts.

Character profile section shows remote Avatar function, but requires a Link Off-Site URL entering to load Avatar.

Avatar settings under ACP are yes to all remote/upload settings and no to grav and gallery.

Am I missing something?

Appreciate the support and assistance :slight_smile:

Just as an afterthought, I am currently running PHP 5.6.31 on my server. Would this affect anything from a scripting point of view or should I upgrade my PHP version to 7.x?

Php7 should not be required for now. Any chance you can send me your board url?

LOL - will do as soon as I sort it out. Changed my style and lost login capability, so trying to sort that out at present :slight_smile:

Guess I know what went wrong. I assume you named your admin account during the phpbb installation already like your eve char. This is something I can try to fix. Just disable the extension, rename your board admin and reenable, this should be woking.

Hey @Snitch_Ashor Thanks for making this mod, really great work.

Iā€™ve run into a problem where i got a 500 internal server error on callback. Ive checked to make sure that my callback url is correct. My server is running apache and there may be some https redirect stuff going on messing it up, but im unsure where to start troubleshooting this. Any direction is appreciated!

Actually, i discovered my problem. I had installed php7.0-curl, which seems reasonable, but I needed php-curl I guess.

Just a heads up for everyone else then

Uninstalled everything, re-installed and followed instructions, and bearing your comments in mindā€¦it worked!

Avatar now showing and SSO login working correctly - but only in MS Edge browser. Can not get it running in my Chrome browser for love nor money. Keep getting a reoccurring ā€˜Error: Invalid auth stateā€™ messageā€¦

Following an old post, have followed suggestion of purging ā€˜all sessionsā€™ (and also purged ā€˜cacheā€™) in Edge browser and deleted history on Chrome - no result and still getting error when trying to Log in. Yet in Edge, quite happy to let me log out and in with SSO.

Can you try to launch a private window in chrome and try again? Just to make sure its a caching issueā€¦

Works fine in Incognito modeā€¦

Defo a cache issue with Chrome, even though cache was cleared through settings -> historyā€¦

Managed to load fine with ā€˜Disable Cache (Whilst Dev Tools open)ā€™ in Developer Tools following discussion at https://superuser.com/questions/304589/how-can-i-make-chrome-stop-caching-redirects.

Visited chrome://net-internals and cleared host cache there. Logged in once, logged out and tried logging in again to get a 404 error. After screaming at my screen for 5 minutes (!), retried and got in, but repeat of issue after logging out and trying to log in again.

Managed to log in again and whilst logged in this time, purged cache and sessions and fingers crossed, seems to be running fine now.

Just posting for anyone else experiencing this issue.

Spoke too soonā€¦

404 errors and no authorisation token errors between good logins and sign outs. Also, really slow on EvE Authorisation screen compared to Edge browser which is very fast and error free.

Going to try other browsers on my machine and see how they compare. Maybe this is something that is just Chrome related and will post results. It would be interesting to know what browsers others are currently using and how they find the Mod on their machines, but current conclusion is that Chrome is **** and should be avoided with this Mod due to redirect cache errors.

Guess for once itā€™s not chromes fault but rather 2017/12/03 - Single Sign On / Login Issues
Anyway most problem can by avoided in chrome by installing the mod in private mode, will add this to the OP

Have seemed to have sorted it out by uninstalling Chrome browser and re-installing. Works like a dream nowā€¦no errors and fast, so guessing something from original was just causing me an issue.

Yeah, was aware of SSO issues so waited to test until Dev gave all clear :slight_smile:

Error: Invalid auth state error returning in Chrome, even after clean installā€¦

Will have a try of installing mod in private mode and see what happens from there.

Again, thanks for the assists and support.

1 Like

Next bit of help, pleaseā€¦

Have installed the Carbon style to website (from phpBB style database), which inherits from the Prosilver style. When I log out, I lose the function to log in again through Eve (ā€˜log in with eve onlineā€™ image missing) and through normal means as there is no login option presented whatsoever.

Login function should appear in Carbonā€™s ā€˜overall_header.htmlā€™, as opposed to Prosilverā€™s ā€˜navbar_header.htmlā€™ although the scripts that call for the login/logout function seem to be identical.

What am I missing?

Sorry - test site URL for this is http://tfota.org/forum3/

Thanks, will add carbon. I already added a few but most of them need adjustments, even when baswd on prosilver