Physically walking around?

I was there. The exploration ideas you’re talking about didn’t happen until a year or two later, after CCP admitted that the existing WIS was a waste and that they weren’t going to work on it any more, when some of the devs were experimenting with ways to salvage the disaster with a brand new system. I posted in every single one of those threads you’re talking about. And to this day, nobody’s been able to say a good reason for CQ to have stuck around except space-barbie, and even the dress up enthusiasts admitted CQ was a waste. There was a lot of anger because the “18 months” and monocles, with WIS being the moment of truth to prove that the several years of disappointments could pay off. But WIS failed because it was a dead end idea, that cost the game years worth of development time for a whole lot of nothing. I’m absolutely not convinced the idea is workable at all. It seems every company that has tried over the past 20 years (that I am aware of) has failed miserably… at some point you’ve gotta consider maybe the idea itself is the point of failure.

1 Like

Not gonna get into a big ole debate with you but I don’t recall CCP saying it was a waste. And that 18 months you’re referring to was actually spent on rewriting the old spaghetti code into Carbon Tech. Also at that time CCP had invested a large portion of the Dev time into DUST 514 and their failed WoD Vampire game. The CQ was actually rushed and wasn’t even completed when released. In fact the main reason for implementation was to add Micro Transactions to the game.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.