Picking a point to fly to. (( NOT double click! ))

I’m not entirely sure how I did it, but I was poking around the interface in open space and somehow I was able to bring up a way to pick a precise point in space to fly to. Wasn’t double clicking, I could move my mouse around to pick a spot along the X and Y axis, click, then pick a point on the Z axis. I’ve poked and prodded ever since and couldn’t figure out a way to bring it back up. I’ve flexed my your favorite search engine here-fu as hard as I can, and the only thing I’ve been able to find is the double-click method. Which is serviceable, but I want to pick a spot and just let my ship take care of it. Not aim my camera, double click, then monitor my speed and try and hit ‘Stop Ship’ at the right time to stop where I want to stop.

hold q

6 Likes

Flying Your Ship | EVE Academy | EVE Online and Manual piloting - EVE University Wiki both are good resources for this.

3 Likes

As another poster said, this is the Q button. To be very pedantic, you pick the coordinate in spherical coordinates: hold Q, pick your “r” and “theta”, click, pick your “phi”, click, release Q.

Note that your chosen coordinate is relative to your ship. That means if you’re moving, when you hold Q to pick your coordinate, your chosen coordinate also moves.

I encourage you to play around with it to build an intuition.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.