[PIE] Jubilee Week Events

My point is that cloning itself is a natural process, it’s the means by which we pursue it that is unnatural. Similar to the way flight is a natural process but not the way we do it.

1 Like

I’m mildly disappointed; even if you figure your chances of smashing a PIRAT fleet aren’t good, doesn’t honor demand you at least try?

1 Like

PIE and SFRIM being scared off by bottom of the barrel pilots, quite sad. :sadparrot:

1 Like

Frankly, it would be reckless and dishonorable to continue. If PIE went on with their formation under those circumstances, and individuals who aren’t PIE were part of the group, they could get themselves CONCORDed through a poor understanding of the wardec and limited engagement regulations. As leaders of the fleet, PIE would bear the responsibility for the actions of all fleet members, after all.

5 Likes

Indeed. Warfare in high sec is ridiculous.

6 Likes

I’m sorry, but that’s a pathetic excuse. Tell your guests to flick their safeties to green or bear the consequences of their own actions.

1 Like

It’s like dropping a toddler into a room with a bunch of explosives and telling them ‘don’t push any buttons!’

They’re going to push a button. You know that. It’s irresponsible to imagine they won’t.

People are idiots. They’ll be idiots, if you give them a situation where they can. It’s irresponsible to think they won’t.

3 Likes

However much it vexes me to say this, I can’t blame PIE for simply going “nope, not going to bother with that crap.” Those guys and their peers may be utterly worthless in real engagements, but they are perfectly aware of this and thus only engage when they are for all intents and purposes unkillable. The neutral logi will blot out the star and even though they’re easily avoided or easy to counter-gank every once in a while, any kind of parade type of event would just be a pointless mess.

If they weren’t quite so risk-averse and pointless to fight, I could see it being quite different, but as it stands now there’s just no reason to bother.

… but yeah, Arrendis’ talk about neutrals not using their safeties is just tosh.

7 Likes

I have been requested by several people to expand upon this metaphor, and explain what happens to heretics and how it works with the whole Sani Sabik religion.

Simple.

Heretics are treated much the same as heathens, except the revolving door has spikes on it, and there is a fearsome quzjyx that chases the heretic for eternity.

As for Sani Sabik, well, that’s simple. By rigid adherence to rituals, and so being Righteous, they bypass the arrivals lounge entirely, and enter directly to a private, more exclusive Paradise.

Similar in a way to how common people and capsuleers travel in separate classes on the Interbus passenger services.

1 Like

Wrong.

P I R A T is engaging in a LEGAL war declaration.

Yes they are bottom of the barrel mercenaries, but what they are doing is legal.

Besides, why are you not using this as a chance to take out a properly fit fleet and fight them? It is not like they can engage anything other than a solo mission runner or industrial.

1 Like

Because doing so would only feed into the idiocy that is their mo.

3 Likes

It’s like people forget that at any point, PIRAT can field multi-hundred million ISK pirate battleships supported by more than a half dozen multi-billion ISK Nestors (like what happened at the coronation for fun) and, if given the chance, can always call in an infinitely larger number of pilots and neutral logistics. Trying to say that a somewhat small scale FacWar corporation and a not-even-combat corporation are being scared by ‘bottom of the barrel’ pilots is Pretty ■■■■■■■ Stupid, TM.

What makes PIRAT bottom of the barrel is their tactics and their risk aversion, not their piloting skills.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.