Pirate ships Design contest with prizes? C'mon CCP!

I am not the only one that thinks that the Alligator Skins are far from superb???

What would it take to make an open contest for Skins for some Ships???
Wouldnt it be super cool to have one Ship Skin contest at a time, with prizes for the most
beautiful, and other prizes for all others??? Like ships homebrew design NES parallel shop???

Something new, c’mon!!! Forza skins are awesome, Eve could have something even cooler…

I had the Idea because I think the Alligator skins are very scarce… I’d love a Pirate proper design… something original, like Haiti Voodoo Jamaican Rum Ganjrollaz… Yes???

1 Like

Edit: Reason: I just started to learn it exists Paragon market, whatever that is,
and you pay in plexes in order to manufacture your own design of choice on a
chosen hull… this sounds supercool and supercomplicated at the same time.

Where are in game clues about the existance of such a personalization hub???

The NES shop???

There is a small relevance between this Paragon hub, engine, and the contest idea,
in that players should have a platform available for experimentation…
but I have no clues what I’m talking about yet really…

I’m to do a lot of research before next time

Paragon - SKINR - Evermark— my brain has officially OH.

1 Like

Wow… there are beautiful designs out there…

This Equinox expansion is huge… It’s gonna take me a month…

1 Like

The problem with the Alligator is that it is ■■■■.

It’s a Drake.

There are tonnes of skins for a Drake.

Buy a Drake.

They still have boatloads of interesting designs to work with from the old, first design contest.

I look on the skins list and I see Media Miasma listed for quite a lot of ships. A lovely skin. But apparently one has to stand on one’s head while doing the Masonic handshake…to actually get one.

And there was me thinking that SKINR was going to open the door for us plebs to be able to easily and cheaply make our own skins. I mean, we’re talking about a frikin coat of paint. You know…in RL I could go to Halfords and in 5 minutes buy enough cheap paint to have my car looking like something out of Starsky and Hutch. But no…SKINR is just a load of expensive hoops and stages to jump through. And it seems even buying a nice listed skin like Media Miasma one has to have a personal audience with God to get one.

1 Like

bumped this into Player Features & Ideas - EVE Online Forums

I waz thinkin the same, actually SKINR are basically a texture bitmap, sort of, not sure.
But the underlining fact is that we dont know how to import a basic bitmap or jpeg
and convert it into a SKINR. And those who do, have the monopoly of the market.
So it is not a player driven market. Its not a fully customizable service.
People could import NFTs into a SKINR and make it highly valuable.
Im not a market expert but I dont see any advantges restricting
Player power so much…

A one time only - repeatable - contest, could solve all this.
This is the basic idea.
GIve the people full power for a window of time.

2 Likes

The problem is the Drake, Nighthawk, and Alligator shares the same hull,
but somehow one design doesn’t fit all three ships, even if it could…

The Nighthawk default skin is already perfect though, so no need to change that.

Just need that skin for the Navy Drake and all of the most pressing concerns are addressed :stuck_out_tongue: