Pixelated portrait in EVE Gate

Hello all! I am viewing my character portrait in EVE gate and it appears to be very pixelated and blurry compared to other characters I viewed. Is there something I have to do to force an update on it?

You can “update” it ingame so avatar server will refresh it.

By update you mean re-take the picture? I tried that and the outcome is still pixelated. This is my 2nd pic :frowning:

I was playing on a Commodore 64 with a bw screen. No, the pic you posted is not “very pixelated”.
Perhaps those two/three hairs in front of the left ear are a bit edgy, but I don’t see a difference to my avatar or others.

I don’t know about EVE Gate but on the new forums you need to log out and back in, otherwise the server wont update your avatar picture.

I don’t really see the picture as more blurry than others, but it might make the impression because of the light source you have chosen.

Compare those two for example:

A “hard” or strong source of light gives you sharper edges on shadows making she shape of a face better to recognize for us in general.
Edit: Another background could also help because the horizontal lines + color on yours work a bit like camouflage for the face. Also where the black hair of your character is, the background is also black.

o7

Edit2:
Whoooooot?!
I just tried to capture my profile picture (directly from the client via rightclick). If you compare it to older ones you clearly can see the difference!

(klick to enlarge)

Original files:

My old eyes dont see any problems. Maybe i need bigger monitor.

1 Like

esc > display and graphics > uncheck “low quality characters” ?

Perhaps your choice of background might be contributing to your feeling it’s blurry?

Just checked. I have the option disabled.
But I have the feeling like the character portraits are displayed smaller in game than in the past. If they are still saved in the size it was before day X then this would explain the loss in quality.
But I’m mostly guessing.

If you enlarge the picture I posted and look closely you can see it at the eyes & tattoos around them.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.