Player Bounties & Killrights temporarily disabled

Typical CCP approach and Brisc apologizing bad practices. Instead of turning it off for this reason, CCP should explain it better. CCP has lots of Help-Desk articles. It would help if you linked them in the respective tooltips about Killrights, when you are about to activate a killright and in the Combat Tutorials about PVP. It would also help if these Help Desk articles were comprehensive and did not deliberately leave out important information, like the HD article about Courier Contracts not mentioning that you can fail a contract due to Citadels’ Drop Boxes being unavailable. You know, CCP could put some effort into explaining things better on websites that explain things about EVE instead of shutting down features for that reason.
On the other hand, I cannot fathom how it could be so hard to understand that you receive a killright on you for engaging in illegal activities. Or that activating a killright makes you a target for the opposing party, too, as this is a combat engagement and not a Hello-Kitty-Fluff fight. If people are not capable of understanding these simple things, I have serious doubts about their general mental capacity.

This is a disgusting reason to change something that works well. Just because someone does not want to put the slightest bit of work into understanding something new cannot mean that this something has to go. By that logic, you could remove 80% of all content in EVE.

If they are annoyed by this, what are they going to feel when they experience really annoying things like bad fights, losing ISK due to an additional 0 in the market window without a overprice warning notification, losing Billions to citadel scams or losing a shiny ship in a mission to gankers? Rhetorical question, of course, I don’t expect neither you nor CCP to understand any of this.

2 Likes