Player Bounties & Killrights temporarily disabled

Just noticed in game, while I no longer see the icon telling me someone has killrights on them in local, if I select someone I have the icon in the overview and the option to activate them.

Pure parochialism.

I didn’t argue that it was. But when part of the game that few people use is having a negative impact on a part of the game that a large number of people use, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to suggest that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Other than the fact that few people understand it or make use of it. My experience with it has largely been seeing people try to scam with it.

I was responding to someone who claimed that my stance on this issue would not be in line with my Alliance and my Corp. Context matters.

Suspend or delay the reports and sec status hits and things might even get faster.

Well gee, actually having to learn how to play a complex game is such a burden. It isn’t that hard. We are not asking for people to derive the theory of quantum gravity. Soft bigotry of low expectations indeed.

And your experience is encyclopedically exhaustive. Right.

Can you post your lossmail, so we can know what you have been crying about? It was a freighter in Uedama, right?

One of the primary things CCP has been working on for the last three years is fixing things that deter new players from continuing to play the game. The kill rights system isn’t well explained, it’s not something that’s gone over in the NPE (most PvP isn’t), and it negatively impacts new players more than anybody else.

When it comes to new players sticking with a game, yes - the slightest thing they don’t get can lead them to quit. This isn’t something that the vast majority of the players will miss and if it means a few new players won’t be annoyed by it for a few months, so be it.

Well, hey. I’ve only been playing this game for 14 years.

The most important question here is . . . how will the isk that was destroyed when the bounty system was shut down be accounted for in the next economic report?

It didn’t go anywhere. They are just turning it off, but not doing anything with the isk for now.

hey CCP, if you want to fix server performance during tidi just cap the number of players in one system to 1000 instead of changing the entire ecosystem of one area of space(the one the majority of players live in).

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAH.

Oh, that’s funny, little pubbie wannabe. That’s just adorable.

What makes you think it wasn’t already accounted for when it actually left the game? Bounty payouts are a faucet, setting bounties is a sink. That money’s already been tracked leaving the economy.

Actually that doesn’t work… How you determine those 1000 people? Based on what?

Actually that’s why I was suggesting that SP loss in line with security status lost in HS. I would say that never new players are going to fly freighters with billions worth of cargo. This would make the HS gankers to carefully choose their targets. Scan, calculate the involved ISK sum from their side, make a margin and decide if a target is worth.

Right, just change the entire ecosystem of all of space. Can’t wait to see how you’d scream when you get told ‘Nope, Jita’s full, get bent’.

2 Likes

That’s bait, just fyi.

Typical CCP approach and Brisc apologizing bad practices. Instead of turning it off for this reason, CCP should explain it better. CCP has lots of Help-Desk articles. It would help if you linked them in the respective tooltips about Killrights, when you are about to activate a killright and in the Combat Tutorials about PVP. It would also help if these Help Desk articles were comprehensive and did not deliberately leave out important information, like the HD article about Courier Contracts not mentioning that you can fail a contract due to Citadels’ Drop Boxes being unavailable. You know, CCP could put some effort into explaining things better on websites that explain things about EVE instead of shutting down features for that reason.
On the other hand, I cannot fathom how it could be so hard to understand that you receive a killright on you for engaging in illegal activities. Or that activating a killright makes you a target for the opposing party, too, as this is a combat engagement and not a Hello-Kitty-Fluff fight. If people are not capable of understanding these simple things, I have serious doubts about their general mental capacity.

This is a disgusting reason to change something that works well. Just because someone does not want to put the slightest bit of work into understanding something new cannot mean that this something has to go. By that logic, you could remove 80% of all content in EVE.

If they are annoyed by this, what are they going to feel when they experience really annoying things like bad fights, losing ISK due to an additional 0 in the market window without a overprice warning notification, losing Billions to citadel scams or losing a shiny ship in a mission to gankers? Rhetorical question, of course, I don’t expect neither you nor CCP to understand any of this.

2 Likes

Perhaps take this opportunity and rework bounties? Bounty system is sort of a meme and there are no bounty hunters…

atm 80% of the time bounties are placed by people on themselves or by fleet members for lols. 19% are people placing low values just to get a notification when someone dies (also for lols), remaining 1% are actual bounties.

1 Like

Just curious, what do you classify as “actual bounties”?

I hope the Wanted signs stay.

Can we have some other way to be notified when someone we want to track the deaths of is killed?

In game I mean. It was the only reason I ever put a bounty on anyone.

I also dont mind something the minority used being changed for the majority.

Id just like to be in that majority some day lol

Когда починят шрифты нечего не видно. Очень мелко

Except it doesn’t… activating a killright gives that person a suspect timer, it’s only after you engage them (shooting/point/etc) that you become a valid target. :wink:

Heh, yeah, it’s tough I know :stuck_out_tongue:

:slight_smile:

Regards,
Cypr3ss.