Player Bounties & Killrights temporarily disabled

You know, nothing was ever temporary for CCP, what got disabled in the past “for testing” kept disabled forever.

2 Likes

Issue is with kill rights is that every time I see one of the HS bunch with them, they are in the billions or at a cost thats outside reasonable range, so whats the damn point of them if the cost is that high? It has near zero insentive to pay for it and get a kill off.

Spawning of wrecks also need to be disabled when Tidi hits 10%, so do useless notifications like “Capsule of xyz started selfdestruct process”.

2 Likes

On a possibly related crimewatch note (probably more relavent for low sec unless the system is implemented poorly and still performs checks in null sec rather than being entirely disabled): the impact of security status checks and adjustments during combat on node performance. I’d love to see this looked at.

There is a lot of nice gameplay around KRs (those you earn, and those others have on their head), which is now gone. Whether the easier access to ganking will compensate, we will see …

4 Likes

Cool your boots, man. Give them a chance. This change is aimed at us nerds in nullsec with 6000 nerds shooting each other, not a change that your 20 gank catalysts have to worry about. It’s temporary.

1 Like

It keeps freaking Gankers out of decent Incursion fleets on exact this toon to repair standings. For example.

I’m with you if this eliminates TiDi, then maybe I’m interested again in null play PvP … until then I don’t care (as you don’t care about empire space :wink: ) .

Nobody earns a Killright in NS.

1 Like

What? That is not what I am talking about.

This is the reason for this change. Nothing to do with high sec at all. So, again, what?

I only care about it enough for the market where I sell firesale stuff. Otherwise, yeah I avoid high sec like the plague. Been dere, done dat got de t-shirt.

Great change, the penalties for ganking both pods and ships was too high. Just because someone ganks in low or high should not discourage them from flying nice ships for 30 days.

This should make ganking freighters in talos or tornadoes ect much more user friendly.

I vaguely recall a CCP Dev saying years ago that security status hits for engaging another player in nullsec simply aren’t checked for. The server knows it’s nullsec so it doesn’t bother with the calculation.

Take this with a hefty grain of salt though, and if I’m wrong that’s definitely something else along this line that could be looked at.

1 Like

loving CCP Making big moves, bold, exciting, innovative,
EVE ONLINE FOREVER!
O7

1 Like

Thank you for doing this.

The thing is, kill rights and bounties won’t change ganking, it still really hasn’t, you hit your target, have KR, dock char for 30 days while I play on my other alt (unless the KR is 999,999,999 because no one is paying that for a domi kill).

I get there is some small (and I mean small) game play around it, but turning off the bounty system and kill rights, isn’t going to change ganking.

You’re right, it is not server side, it’s client side, and it looks like it affects client responsiveness in the big fleet battles. Speaking from experience, seeing dozens, if not hundreds of remote calls for bounties in 10% tidi while I’m trying to cycle guns is a frustrating thing.

I was replying to @The_Economist about security status hits, not bounties or killrights. And my point was that I don’t think either the server or the client ever bothers with those calculations in nullsec because there are no security status hits there.

But I may be wrong.

It will, because I will start doing it. Just for fun. The only thing which held me back was the KR system, as I live in highsec and play without alts.

1 Like

Just like every other ganker then, so it changes nothing. Its not like they removed sec status changes, you’ll still get punished as normal. Again, removal of a kill right does nothing, its still the same as it ever was long before kill rights were added.

I’m not talking about existing gankers, I’m talking about all the new gankers …

1 Like