Player Kill Loot Drop Rate

If High Sec is going to be as dangerous as it is then it should have rewards for all players to balance it. The loot drop for killing players should be in line for the rewards of the Region.

Since you brought it up, where the vents that decrease the drop rate? Where the events the decrease Concord response time?

I just want to see player killing loot drops at the as the rewarding as CCP has made every other play style. If CCP want to treat every no player killing play style like second class citizens, they can do that but as a customer I bring it to everyone attention that CCP favors player killers over everyone else in high sec.

They already are. Try to do in low sec or in null without being blue to the locals there whatever it is that you do in high sec and you’ll see how dangerous really is in comparison…

Tell that to the players that get ganked which are the ones providing the rewards to the gankers. The loot drop from ganking doesn’t come from NPCs…

Or tell them to do in low sec whatever it is that they were doing in high sec when they got ganked, and you’ll see how long does it take for them to die and what the loot drop would be there…

Exactly, there never was one such event nor there will be. What does that tell you? You still don’t get it, do you?

1 Like

It just show you are not aware of how CCP is marketing their game for the last two decades.

Conflict is not only allowed, it is and encouraged.

1 Like

I don’t know how the loot drop rate currently stands, but if I were in charge of it, the loot rate from PvP kills would be more or less consistent. The drop rate on PvE kills would be higher in nullsec and lower in highsec.

Perhaps I might introduce a mechanic by which PvP drop rate is influenced by a player’s security status, so a player with a -10 would drop more valuable loot than someone with a +5.

Are you sure it’s gankers?
How about wardecs or faction warfare happening in highsec? I’m in faction warfare (as another version of me) and have lost a bunch of ships in highsec, not one of them were lost to ganking even when I was mining is places where gankers like to hunt. All of them were to factions other than my own.
Also is this per capita based on the populations of all the different areas of space?
Seeing as ganking as we know it in Eve only happens in highsec are you sure of your numbers?
I’m asking all this because I actually don’t know the answers, and because you seem to be citing evidence that lacks the full picture.
Also highsec isn’t supposed to be safe or even safer, it’s just supposed to be more expensive to be a criminal.
And it is. A criminal in highsec can’t sit still, they are always on a timer and once it runs out they explode or have to run like hell if they aren’t actually blinky at the moment.

There is no place in EVE that’s safe, and while highsec appears on paper to be more dangerous than anywhere else, that’s only because highsec is the most populated region, and we’ve seen a downturn in destruction in the rest of New Eden, largely because of the war (but also because of scarcity). I don’t think there’s anything that needs to be done to stop ganking in highsec - the bumping changes were a huge hit to it, and the only reason it is as lucrative now is because scarcity has driven the prices of lots of various ship types much higher.

I think ending scarcity will solve a lot of this, honestly.

2 Likes

I am not asking for it to stop. I am asking why killing player hasn’t been nerfed like every other active in high sec? I think player loot drops rates should be reduced to reflect the regions it happens in.

Why should player killing be nerfed? PvP is literally the core premise of EVE. Why would anything be done to discourage engaging in the gameplay that is the backbone for EVE’s entire existence? PvE is necessary to generate resources, but the whole purpose of those resources is to blow them up while engaging other players.

Because indiscriminate nerfs against everything is not balancing the game. If anything, HS need more incentives for PvP combat, not less.

1 Like

What a nice counter argument lol KR’s do mean a lot and can really determine what game play is possible on that one character at the very least. Try hauling in a freighter and see how far you get from jita with a public KR.

CONCORD only responds to attacking players or their stuff. No other activity in highsec is nerfed so hard that you are automatically unable to warp, are scrammed, jammed, ECM’d and then shot until your ship explodes.

So overall - mandatory loss of ship, sec status loss, crimewatch mechanics specifically targeted at outlaw capsuleers, cannot fly a ship at all in highsec while criminal, killrights for 30 days per criminal activity. No other play has been nerfed as much as killing players when it comes to highsec.

It’s still possible, just like every other playstyle, but it has more rules and more intervention from the game than any other activity.

Why does it need more?

1 Like

Wow, flashing red for 10-15 minutes is nothing. Yes -10 security characters are flying ships and ganking in high sec still. The last post from CCP stated that killrights got removed when bounties got removed. Yes every other play style in high sec has been nerfed harder then gankers/player killers.

Loot drops from players in high sec need to reduced to make it reflect the lack of risk. In any other region of space you could not camp a gate unless your players hold the region. So there would be risk if you did that in null sec or low sec. Risk Vs Reward, no risk but all the rewards! Does not sound balanced to me.

1 Like

■■■■■■■■ and it isn’t even close.

Just saying it doesn’t make it true. How about actually listing the way for example - exploration in highsec has been nerfed harder than gankers/player killers? or how hauling has been nerfed in highsec harder than ganker/player killers? Or how trading has been nerfed in highsec harder than ganking/player killing?

Not just words. Actually list the nerfs that “every other play style” has had.

I’d argue that CCP need to reducing the drop form everything but players, since the gankers seems to be the only source of risk in highsec.

No, kill rights are absolutely still present, the client just doesn’t proactively fetch the presence of kill rights to display in the UI in the overview/chat. They are still there and can be activated if you go looking for them.

Not just ‘flashing red’ - literally cannot fly any ship during the 15 minute timer or CONCORD nukes them. after their first ship blows up, they cannot simply reship and get back to it - if they undock a ship while criminal they get blown up again.

Perhaps you should read up on the effects of the Criminal flag before you go asking for changes to it.

First let’s start with the buff that gankers got.

1. Short range ammo dps was increased.
  2. All ehp was nerfed from all ships.
  3. Warp core stabs got nerfed.

More wormhole every where, long time to scan down active sites. Loot drops nerfed under CCP seagull. Lower bounties, less ehp for the ships.

Lost ehp and warp stabs. Lost high sec system and are being funneled into ganker systems. Not like this is an outer space game and only have one route.

Market tax increased and changing orders prices increase. Lose of transporting goods due to ganker and funnel systems.

What ands where have gankers been nerfed in the last 2-4 years? Wow not once. They did get a couple buffs. War decs only got changed because CCP was and is losing customers because of war decs. Once again I am not staying gankers or ganking should stop but that there should be consequences for it. Was decs need changed, as wars should be for control of space and kills, griefing, or station cores. War dec reward is removing the stations or players to have control of an area.

If ganking hasn’t been nerfed in the last couple of years, do you think there’s a possibility that its because all the previous nerfs had it in a place that CCP is happy with?

To extend that further, do you think there is a possibility that the nerfs you’ve listed above are associated with the predator-prey dynamic being too favourable to prey?

For example, take the first two buffs to ganking you mentoned:

Buff Nerf
Resist nerf, short range ammo buff (2020) Damage Control Tiericide (2016)

For almost 4 years, ships that couldn’t even fit a damage control prior to the tiericide, received a buff to EHP, along with every other ship, whether a damage control was fit or not.

That was also balanced by the buff to wreck EHP prior to that, which assisted gankers in looting wrecks and removed a viable antigank approach for white knights.

There’s no need to artificially limit the timeframe in order to push a specific narrative. Otherwise we could just as legitimately limit it to the recent reductions in market taxes and fees and point to that as a buff to trading. without considering the previous increases you’ve listed as a nerf.

Go back and look at all of the nerfs ganking has received over the years and then come back and explain how any other style of gameplay has been nerfed harder.

They haven’t and that is fine. The previous ganking nerfs were deserved and CCP has always applied balance changes when they thought it necessary.

But so far in this thread, you still haven’t been able to show that there is any problem that needs a rebalance, other than “I think ganking should be nerfed” - that’s unfortunately the sum total justification in the thread.

CCP don’t act on individual player “feels”. They act on player suggestions that are backed by data, evidence and overall community sentiment. So far, its 0-3 in this proposal.

It’s rewarding because idiots make it so by autopiloting anti-tanked freighters full of loot around.

There was no bigger nerf to ganking than the bumping changes from a few years ago. That, alone, offsets almost all the buffs that may have been added because of other changes.

1 Like

I believe the reason bumping got changed is because is heavily it was abused. I had seen bumpers bumping ship 30 minutes and longer. As per the EULA griefing was effect another players ability to play longer then 15 minutes. I personally have been bumped for over an hour in the past.

Freighters still can not fit damage control or capital modules and Orcas can not fit capital modules either.

This is still a risk vs reward problem. High sec loot drops should be down to maybe 10% chance for PvP kills. If you want better pay out go into an area space that has risk.