I don’t think it’s a scam. I think the problem is that Chris Roberts is an ambitious creative type that needs a project manager to keep scope in check and say no to his less pragmatic choices. It’s a shame, the game has potential. But, at this point, I’m not sure that they’re ever going to unfuck it.
No thank you. I know aspirational goals can be a hook, but Eve is not a “checklist” MMO. Do the thing, get the thing, do the next thing. New toys are fun, but Eve is so much more than that, and I’d rather CCP not focus on the skinner box aspects of the game.
Yeah, first impressions are hard to overcome, even when people know that games are actively developed.
“This ain’t yo daddy’s MMO”… oh wait, it actually is. That’s why people sometimes call it a game for dads.
Hmm… “It’s not your grandpa’s MMO?” Meh. I’ll get the boys in marketing to workshop some ideas.
Yeah, different players have different priorities, but it’s been a while since the “Jesus feature guys” got thrown a bone.
Not exactly sure I follow what you said after that.