Please allow Alphas to train the ECM hardening skills

Afaik If you train the ECM hardening skills to level 4 you get 24% increase in strength which is significant. But Alphas arent allowed to train them to even 1. This means ECM jammers are very effective vs alpha pilots. Poor bastards?

1 Like

Itā€™s not so bad.

They can become Omega easily enough.

8 Likes

Omega feels like a rip-off

Still here huh?

6 Likes

No poors allowed in my inner circle. :sunglasses: :moneybag: :moneybag:

If you want my advice you gotta be omega. I want people who commit to EVE.

4 Likes

The absence of the ECM skill in the curriculum of alphas is an example of a potential benefit you get as an omega. Same as cloaks, barges, t2 ships, safety red, and literally any skillpoint of the remaining +520M once they hit the 20M hard cap. Alphas can do a lot with 20M if they plan carefully.
In any case, alphas can still attack the jammer, same as what omegas have to do; they just may have to focus on that target a bit more often.

4 Likes

Darn good thing feelings donā€™t define reality then.

5 Likes

Yes :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey Wesfahrn,

Youā€™re absolutely right about the strength bonuses gained from the ECM hardening skills. It does put Alpha pilots at a disadvantage when it comes to countering ECM tactics.

However, itā€™s worth noting that the Alpha state is essentially a free trial version of the game. CCP designed it to give players a taste of what EVE Online offers, but understandably, theyā€™ve reserved some advanced capabilities and features for paid Omega subscribers. While there are limitations, Alphas can still experience a vast amount of content and gameplay.

Still, I can empathize with the Alphas out there getting jammed in space. Fly safe!

It doesnā€™t take much to PLEX your accountā€¦

2 Likes

Please donā€™t feed the thread starting troll.

24% increase in the hp of the ship overall?

In that case, try not to get jammed?

Thereā€™s a lot of that going around these days. Who cares? Alphas donā€™t pay subscription so not real EvE players. Alphas fakes.

1 Like

Alphas can use t1 sig amp and sebo with eccm.

if running gurista based rats a lotā€¦they will burn through level 4 sensor trains and even 5 with no modules.

Orā€¦no implants like talons for caldari ship sensors. That needs omega granted. if running gurista killing that much racial sensor implants are really nice to have imo.

If a pvp rant is hidden in hereā€¦yeah this is why no likes to train recon, eaf or even blops 5ā€¦but we did/do it. I wanted/want my falcon to burn through even level 5 skills. When I ran ecm widowā€¦yeah, I really wanted that jam to hit.

1 Like

@Hyrja I shouldā€™ve written ā€œitā€™s as ifā€ before that statement, even though we know that Alphas are second-class citizens of New Eden.

The people who pay to play the game are the actual second class citizens

1 Like

I give you a B out of 5 for trying to troll with that post.

But hey, at least you didnā€™t spam open a new thread. So thatā€™s progress, I guess.

Nahā€¦the real rip-off is that Omegas are subsidising all those freeloaders. Iā€™m effectively paying for other people to be able to play for free. And I donā€™t even get a ā€˜thanksā€™.

1 Like

Second-class citizens with the privileges of going over 5Mil SP and using everything in the gameā€¦ I like that second-class stateā€¦ itā€™s so awesome I give it :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2: Luxury obliged.

3 Likes

alphas are cannon fodder

1 Like

Yeah. Its not eve a pvp hardship.

ECM is nerfed now. you can shoot the falcons now. I remember when ecm was total shutdown. You werenā€™t shooting anything.

Fun timesā€¦when the falcon pilot.

PVE carebearingā€¦Iā€™d have sig amp and/or sebo mandatory for dedicated gurista killing.

Even an Omega with sensor skills 4 or even 5. They burn through that too.