Please critique my Barghest

I’ve maximum support skills.

Maybe I should try my first fitting which includes a scriptable Sensor Booster. I’m not sure yet. Maybe.

Or I use that LMJD less. Or replace that with another prop mod.

The LMJD give you the range needed to nullifie the DPS of nearly the entire room, except maybe for sentries.
I’d say, drop that Missile Guidance Computer in the mid slot and replace it with a sensor booster WITH THE TARGETING RANGE SCRIPT. Your locks will take slightly longer to get a clear view of enemy ships, but you’ll have twice the bonus to range, it should give you what you want.

I read nullify DPS and expected you would recommend to drop one Adaptive Invulnerability Field :wink:

I’m comparing two updates now: Replacing the MGC with a Sensor Booster versus replacing one MGE with a second Signal Amplifier. Dropping the MGC annihilates significant damage application for a possibly(*) significant gain in locking range. Replacing a MGE is less drain for less gain.

Then there’s still the option to resort to my first fitting. Regarding that fitting, I wonder whether a Target Painter would be better than the MGC.

(*) Because the SB is scriptable.

You can still dish an adaptive.

And I could focus less on buffing damage application by modules and change missiles. KIlling the frigates with Furys might be a thing but if I used Precisions one MGC or MGE would be become disputable.

Replace one rigor rig with an ionic field projector rig.

this.

Which nerfs the shield :frowning:

No Prop Mod = DEATH

There’s a Large Micro Jump Drive :wink:

Okay but if you get scrammed your ■■■■■■. I would even armor tank the thing, putting torps on it, then double prop it. Cruise in general are bad for solo or small gang pvp.

basically, DPS is pointless if you cant apply it or wont survive to use it.

I want to fly L4 Missions with that Barghest.

You’re the first to talk about PvP.

shhh he did not realize he is in the “pve” section of the forum. Don’t teach him things !

Yeah you will immediately explode on undock.

combine the two lines and I think you made an argument to replace the MGE

why not both? But my fit from earlier was pretty good about 2-3 volleying BS, but would sometimes leave them in low structure, the extra 5% from a booster should save a volley.

pyfa has it at 148km, what are you doing that you need more!?

and yea now that effectiveness falloff is a thing painters should be far more reliable at range. And since they are on a different stack than the guidance mods/rigs they are probably better than a 3rd or 4th stacking penalized mod. That said if you need more than 148km of lock range I don’t know what the math does but imo it’s a silly exercise.

I’m still used to the locking range of my Sniping Dominix: 218km.

I have not used the barghest, but do have a few long range battleships I use for missions. Rattlesnake being one. I set up a passive tank with both a micro jump drive, and MWD to keep my range. Not much need for resistance mods, but I do have one slot for them. Point being, don’t worry about tank so much, get the targeting range and damage application you want then add a bit of tank. Other then that your fit looks fairly standard, seems like you just need to tweak a bit for targeting range maybe.

Right now I’m just flying mission to experience the Barghest. This ship is different from others in many subtile ways. It applies damage less instantly than turret boats but much faster than “classic” missile boats like the Raven and it’s variants. Precision missiles kill every frigate so quickly than the drones are almost superfluous.

My agent sends me way to often to Barkrik which is over 125 AU across. Maybe I should just blitz the missions in the Blitz Barghest presented elsewhere (which has Hyperspatial rigs for war speed).

Addendum: It easier to buy heavy missiles in Metropolis than cruise missiles. One argument more to switch to the Blitz fitting which uses RHMLs.

you can “pimp” it by finding some really cheap abyssal mod (ballistic per example)
damage drug help a bit too and implant of course
i really enjoyed the barghest while doing t4 mission before grabbing a … marauder :slight_smile: