Please get rid of skill implants

Whether changing to temporary skill accelerators would hurt new players depends entirely on how they implement it.

If they kept the cost as it is and made the duration the median of how long players last without being podded with expensive implants and set it to that duration. That would be more or less the same.

If they adjusted the cost, they could make it harder or easier.

Also, the cost of these things is relative to your income. Getting your first set of 40 million implants will take a new player a while, but once you do it, you can do it faster the next time. Your character is constantly getting better, and you’re constantly learning better methods. (sidenote, I should be able to do level 3 missions tomorrow).

A set duration also lets you plan the expense. Today, I joined a FW corp and had to move into low-sec. I could liquidate all of my assets except for my 40 m implants, and I couldn’t jump clone because I needed to move my implants. I would have been real sad if I got podded.

I thought the point of Eve was risk vs reward ? Your risk was losing your implants, your reward was joining a lo-sec FW corp. What’s to complain about in that ?

What are the chances you would even get killed moving that pos, they instawarp and there are no bubbles in LS.

Are you asking my odds or an experienced players odds? I got poded four days ago on my hauling alt in low-sec. https://zkillboard.com/character/93761976/

If my argument makes more sense if I had said nullsec, assume I said nullsec. The goal of this should be determining what’s best for the game not displaying a new player’s ignorance.

Why, learning implants are a disincentive to combat? I can make the exact same reasoning about Hardwires. “Oh I have Prospectors installed, and just Jump Cloned - can’t fight today”. May as well remove all implants - then everybody is the same eh?!

1 Like

Hardly a comparable situation, learning implants accelerate the rate in which you can do “things”. PVP is an expensive activity already no need to make it more expensive by adding in the cost of learning implants also.

More proof CSM’s do not represent the majority of the playerbase.

So you know the minds of 300000 people?
I think not.
Also the CSM don’t have to simply parrot the majority. They are allowed personal opinions backed by logic.

1 Like

300,000 people? ROFLMAO. You’ve got to be a bigger tard than the CSM.

Attributes are needless complexity, which add little to the game. Like learning skills did. (Learning skills were far worse, admittedly. Learn something before you are properly able to play the game.)

Stripping them out has little effect on day to day gameplay, and reduced the cognitive load for people starting.

5 Likes

I play for two years now and I hate, hate, hate the attributes. Made a skillplan, did remaps to max the trainging time and didn’t screw up. But still there is a lot of regret as I learned sooo many things since I made that skillplan. I can’t even imagine how much this mechanics suck when you wast some remaps or get bad advice on your first skillplans.

1 Like

Because I knew I would not stick to any skillplan for very long I decided from the start to ignore remapping on my main account. This gives me the freedom to adjust my skillqueue as I please. I gladly trade that bit efficency for the option to be spontanious.

I like the idea to swap training implants for boosters. It also would require people to log in a bit more.

1 Like

They removed learning and I think that was a good compromise.

I have an honest question…

What is wrong with Implants that give better attributes?

Is not remapping your attributes? or increasing them with mods simply choices/options?
Personally, in most games I have experienced the ability to mod your Att with gear, consumables, and special items…

So what is different here? Why this hate on for getting rid of the Attribute Increase only Implants?

In other games you don’t permanently loose the stuff that increases your character.
While permanent loss is a principle of Eve, it is an annoying thing to swap your clone everytime you want to engage in PvP.
That’s different for any implant that gives you bonus on ship attributrs, which you put at risk in echange for the advantage they give you in combat. But learning implants give no advantage while flying a ship. You have no reason at all to risk them. So most people just don’t.

This is a myth, in other games every time they raise max level they essentially obsolete stuff people worked for months or even years on like end game BiS gear.

1 Like

The problem that people see, is that they make people risk averse.

“I won’t go out tonight, because I have my +5s in.” Those +5s don’t make you any better in the ship, but they’re still at risk.

(Hence then shifting them to the accelerator style, where you can’t lose them, but they eventually run out)

5 Likes

So, you and these “PvP’ers” want more easy mode. Got it.

Too ■■■■■■■ lazy to use clones, so remove imps instead.

Don’t want to lose imps, so get rid of imps. Yup, bunch of grade AAA tards.

Seeing how that PVP you seem to hate so much drives the industry of the game and makes the wheels turn it would be best to encourage it.
A good way to encourage it is to remove learning implants.

You have point. But that usually takes much more time than the loss of a pod in Eve. Also you know that will happen and people playing the game accept that. Much like people accept ship losses in Eve.

You sure?
Learning implants can make people think twice about engaging in a fight if they have their expensive cloning implants plugged in. It’s not about “lazyness” it’s about becoming risk averse because of having them.
If they weren’t there you just would not have to think about it at all and just go for it. It’s an additional barrier in peoples brain which can prevent PvP.

1 Like