Please get rid of skill implants

Nobody is forcing anything. Folks are having a discussion.

1 Like

And what cost are you talking about?

I don’t believe he is advocating the removal of all implants, just learning implants, I would assume all 10 implant slots would remain for pirate implants sets and skill hardwiring implants as we have now.

Edit: @Steve_Ronuken would the year long boosters be one year before or after the biology skill? Which would make them either base 6 months or total 2 years.

1 Like

So how often do you propose the accelerators last before they need to be replaced?

I can’t say I’d support accelerator-style if it’s too short, it would annoy me that my skill implants just ‘run out’. People tend to look at everything from the perspective of PvPers. Would it encourage more pvpers to undock? Maybe? I doubt it. I PVP in my implant clone all the time. If i’m concerned, I swap it out. It’s no skin off my back to hop into a separate clone for PVP.

If there are people in your alliance claiming to be PVPers but saying “I won’t undock because I’m in my +5 clone” maybe you should kick them.

For the rest of EVE that doesn’t have this concern, having them run out and being consumables is (1) super ■■■■■■■ annoying, and (2) increases the value of SP (woo more skill injector inflation).

I’d say they should run out once a year, 6 months at the ABSOLUTE least. that way you don’t lose them if you die but they also aren’t an added annoyance. I would DEFINITELY NOT want a variety of them. If we’re doing this every 30d, or every 60d, that’s an annoying as ■■■■ system. It sounds great until you realize how much micro-managing you are going to be doing just to maintain you skill training speed. Right now implants that don’t expire manage that for you.

p.s. Minor concern but you’d also need to be able to unplug them if you should decide to upgrade to a better set of accelerators.

1 Like

Personally, I can see why CCP and the whales ( probably many of the ones advocating it ) would love this. Get rid of imps, replace with accelerators. Guess what goes in the New Eden store the same day this goes effective? Accelerators. Congrats. You’ve taken another part of the game and made it “he with the biggest wallet” easy mode p2w for the whales.

3 Likes

CCP has had cerebral accelerators for 8 years that I am aware of and could have put them in the NEX store any any point during this time.
Doing so would also completely wreck the LP stores which is something CCP is not wanting to do.

2 Likes

Yep, just the attribute implants. +1 to +5. hardwirings would stay. The pirate ones would stay (but lose the attribute modifier)

tbh, I’d probably skip biology affecting them. When you’re dealing with something that’s really long duration, it just becomes too powerful.

@Doctor_Biologist: Multiple lengths. so you can have year long ones, 6 month ones, 1 month ones, 1 week ones. Allows people to min-max to a degree, depending on funds.

@Makavi_Madeveda Nope, no way, not the NES. LP store and drops only. I’d be yelling about accelerators being sold for real money. (and before anyone brings up alpha skill injectors, they can shut up. It’s a solution to not being able to turn on omega level training, without turning on full skill use. Omega is still better)

1 Like

To that I would say, master the clone system.

Also if you don’t use the 5 point implants it is not that expensive to loose them.

@Steve_Ronuken Yeah no way I could get behind 1 month accelerators. 6 month minimum, with prices comparable to current implants. 1 month? Sure, if they’re 1/12th the price of current ones.

I’ve had my implants in for over 2 years on some chars and I would be very annoyed to have to replace them monthly, or pay more than their current value for yearly. Say for example a 12 month accel. is the same as a current set of +5s; that’s already double the cost for the sets I’ve had for ages.

Otherwise it’s, as Makavi said, turning the game into “he with the biggest wallet” mode.

That’s my whole point. Swapping the clone only wastes peoples time and is annoying.
At least I think it is. It doesn’t add value to the game as I see it. Just another thing that can make people think twice before trying things, risky for their clone.

So, considering the Pirate implants are made from what with your proposal? just straight up LP…
Thats a stupid idea and you know it, cause then such implants will only come from those loyalty stores…

No, your idea is garbage.

So is this one, 6 months i agree would have to be the minimum for such an idea, which i for one do not agree with. Also, drops? how about no, LP store only if it goes this route, and no Implants at all for slots 1-5 as well.

I disagree, because now we would have moved risk/reward to simply isk/reward. There would be NO risk at all for these accelerators. Thus they become a defacto mandatory expense.

If we are realistically considering removing learning implants we should simply remove them and give a general buff to attributes. Leave everyone on the same even playing field.

Event boosters are fine, they are relatively short duration and considered a reward item for periodic events.

1 Like

How do you maintain the LP value? Part of the reason this hasn’t been implemented already is not wanting to destroy LP values which is where the suggestion for boosters was developed.

You can’t solve an issue by creating another one.

Find another solution to the LP issue.

1 Like

Actually, I have changed my mind. Why should a person get less skill points because they undock and take risks and therefore use +4 implants versus someone using +5 implants who never takes a risk, that is backwards but that is what the system encourages.

I still think we need the clone system and all the other implants, but the skill stats should go, replace them with something useful.

2 Likes

How are boosters an issue?

That’s easy.

One quick example:

I convert my gank alts to SP farmers, because I can now do both (as I can max SP train and gank-the-bejeezus outta them) because I won’t worry about losing implants or running boosters.

Another example:

What if someone doesn’t have much isk. They can’t train like someone with a fat wallet. And will have to continue to purchase these things to stay competitive.

And more:

Currently you are limited with attibute implants if you want other implants in those slots. Changing to a booster-based model would automatically rebalance that equation.

And you would have a healthy investment to do so which would reduce the profitability of SP farming.

Lol, they are gank alts, I don’t think investment would be an issue :laughing:

So you don’t think that having to activate a MCT on them is an investment? Along with the booster to increase the training speed? Then the skill extractor?

The first example is already what happens, no change there.

The second example is one of the benefits of removing them and converting them to a booster system