Please help me to understand this changes (from a casual new player perspective)

CCP said that they would/ could consider allowing WCS to be turned on during cloak. That means you would do C first, followed by B. Which might help, a little?

The problem I have tho is the unknown impact an active WCS will have on capacitor. It is already tight to do MWD + cloak in a miasmos. Typically the cap would run out in 30 secs when MWD is on. Yes, I know you only pulse the MWD before warping, but what would happen during that pulse when you also switch on 3 x WCS? Has anyone tested this to show it is not a problem??

1 Like

the traveling is just part of the problem , Is ok I can sell in dodixie or pay RF , but that will add more grind to a game that is already grindy .

I also have a problem in another escenario that I put in my last comment

Spoken like someone who has never ganked anything in his life.

2 Likes

Oh enlight me super elite player.

The fact I havenā€™t ganked any other pkayer negates every concern in this thread.

I have reached my conclusion, I opened this thread to ask other players to clear out my doubts and how this would affect my gameplay and answer they did (these are my personal conclusions)

I think for CCP is PVP or the hard way. PVE is very well balanced and there a natural progression but not to PVP and to be honest, I like PVE more, a lot, (and market mechanics)

I have 0 opinion about the nullification changes, WCS is the only changes I care about.

Now my conclusion if these changes land ,

1- Will turn my Travel incredibly difficult to be relatively safe and increase the already huge grind exponentially. or just resign to lose 18 million to hire Red Frog or take a hit and sell in Dodixie

2- it will require my attention and situation awareness while doing PI or Exploring to a point that for me is unacceptable. Those made me even more vulnerable to gankers like code CODE or lowsec people
(yes an additional click are very important especially for new and non-pvp oriented guys like me, old players should know that already, especially in EVE)

3-I donā€™t want to be used to boost those guys ego with Killboard kills.

Experience is the best teacher. Why donā€™t you go out and gank someone? Whatever I tell you from my experience, youā€™ll refuse to believe anyway.

See how easy it is and see how many advantages a ganker has. Seems weird that someone who only has experience from one side of the interaction demanding change to how the whole thing works without any experience from the other side.

2 Likes

HOLD ON!!!

How I am demanding changes!!! HOW ?? The change is being imposed on me !! I am the one that is going the change
-how to travel
-where and how is going sell his stuff
-do ratting
-do exploration

you see !!! SEE!!
You as a ganker will change absolutely nothing, nothing AT ALL!!

You see how Interceptor pilots are fighting the keep things. Same for me.

Uh, CCP is letting you know what the new status quo is (and introducing these changes) and youā€™re the one asking it to be altered. You should accept that the changes are going to go through short of some unforeseen issue (ex. wormholers and Warp Disruption Field Generator mass changes, which CCP address by adding the new Zero Point Field Manipulator, and the WDFG mass change still went through.) Sorry, Iā€™m like 3 steps ahead of you already.

Your main ā€žmistakeā€œ already is, that your stuff is in Balle as Balle is know. to be a ganker hot-spot. Would you in real-life also do your business in the dirties part of the City?

There are many other much safer 0.5 systems in high sec and there are also other trade hubs availabe in EVE. Unless you are selling very rare objects there is usually no need to go to Jita.

2 Likes

I dont know man . I think I already lost my will to play.

As a new solo player, you have no idea how hard I worked to get to that point.
I read and watched a lot of videos about a PI in HS ( I didnā€™t even know taxes for POCO existed)

Once I realize that , I scouted jita surrounding for systems for a place with low taxes, And spam to POCO owners begging to lower my taxes (Salted Miners, Telnet, Omega, and others) in Aufay, Deltole, Coleile. I still remember from memory, I found a couple with 6% and 10% then a start the low process of moving my astero and epithal , setting bookmarks, etc. And Even better I am at 1 system from lw in Decon. I plan carefully my PI to produce ā€œGuidance Systemsā€

I really though I did my homework. I didnā€™t even mind to have RIOT and REAVER next to me. I had my WCS and Keep D-Scan. But this changes complete demoralize me.

EVE is indeed a game with a very high depth, making it hard for new players to understand all the various aspects of the game.

But on the other hand, this is the reason making the game worth while playing it for a long time.

So I really feel sorry for losing your will to play at the moment, but you should maybe try joining a Corporation in game. Having other people to talk to helps in avoiding pitfalls and you will See that the game makes double the fun if played together in a group.

If this is HS ganking then there is no change, but traversing LS and NS this is idiotic (I know OP is talking about running LS > HS so this is applicable for the LS portion). If they are sitting on the gate with a combined total of +4 warp scramble then all they have to do is lock him up and apply warp scram to make him pop his WCS then track his warp to follow him. He then has 2 choices, try and jump from the Sun to the gate quickly enough (lol, quickly in indy ships?) that they canā€™t catch him. Or try and evade them until his WCS timer runs out

Itā€™s a game, it should work around you playing when you are able to, not force you to play when itā€™s inconvenient. We donā€™t all have time to jump on at 9:30am on a workday to do a 20/30 minute route that needs us to concentrate in case someone is sitting on the gate.

I think you would get caught even with warp core stabilizer active.

What Iwould do is to spread the risk in the most risky systems: drop off half your stuff and jump through those systems twice. More opportunities to get ganked, but if you get ganked you lose only half. Or a third.

And there are gatecamp check tools online, to see if there currently is a gatecamp.

Remember that they havenā€™t implemented this yet, itā€™s still on the test server. I know CCP has a history of making good things terrible but one never knows, they may have learned something about unintended consequences which this potential change is likely to have a very large number of.
Iā€™m trying to remain hopeful on this and even have an idea about how to make it a little less stupid if they totally botch it.

Then that means the WCS is useless to start.

You really do need to join a player corp. Potentially one with a transparent buyback, a wormhole, and the willingness to teach new players. As mentioned before, Eve is a very deep game and most players have no idea how their solo pve affects the game as a whole.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.