Please Reduce tank on E-war Npc's

Sounds like you need more pew.

Dank jams from NPCs are annoying. However to be fair you might have to consider changing ship types to something with drones (if you want to continue with turrets) and/or missiles with FOF. There are a number of frigates with drones that would help you out.

If you can mug them smartbombs work too, but using frigates that might not be feasable.

1 Like

Firstly, I can sympathise - it’s just awful that the NPCs don’t line up nicely to be passively executed. Or even just play refuse to self-destruct out of absolute respect for your wishes for everything to be easy.

breaths deeply before continuing…

The way ECM works is based on probability, the chance of jamming is driven by a comparison between their jammer strength and your sensor strength. The former you can’t change, the latter is in your hands.

To improve your sensor strength, fit a Sensor Booster (mid-slot) and put an ECCM script in it. And turn it on.

Train the relevant Sensor Compensation skill that matches the sensor type of your ship.

Neither makes you immune, but they do reduce the chance of being jammed out.

Also, Drones and Fire and Forget Missiles don’t need a target - a bit random as they may go for other targets, but they keep you attacking if you are jammed.

And, learn to recognise the NPCs that jam you (only certain NPC ships have ECM on 'em) and prioritise killing them.

Every problem in Eve has a counter.
Some have more than one counter.

1 Like

Back in time, when I was in gallente FW, we were using Hecates for missions. A bit bigger base sensor strength, warp time less, then 2 seconds (essential for evaiding low sec gate camps, you know) and 4 mids, so you can fit cap booster next to two sensor boosters. And now remember, that it has double sensor strength in sharpshooter mode… And over 400 DPS cold with almost enough tank…
Still think 70 milions is not a good price for such a FW mission runner?

2 Likes

Now that’s a much better option thanks mate.

I’v been playing the game since 2007 you don’t need to explain game mechanics thanks :], I was flying a frig so sensor strength is naturally low but it was needed to get passed gate camp’s, and if you read I was using ecm modules 2 of them which was still not enough on a harpy which is a caldari frig having the highest sensor strength of all race’s.

No need to stress with your breathing btw its not a huge thing to think about.

Pulling range often helps, even against npc’s.

Tried it does help a bit but not much :confused:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.