Please remove these annoying roaming trig groups from hi-sec

Trigs are fine. Just fit a modicum of tank and don’t be AFK.

6 Likes

Here we have the problem.

8 Likes

As Black Pedro said, perhaps the current version of Triglavains are not ideal, but CCP had to start somewhere when creating an anti afk mechanism. I wouldn’t be adverse to perhaps increasing their time to aggress a bit and perhaps reduce spawn rates in certain systems, but CCP should from the start try to establish that EVE Online players need to be at the keyboards and attentive. It is your choice if you want to mine and watch a movie, just accept that you are at a higher risk and don’t complain in the forums. New players need to learn from the start that EVE forces you to be attentive to details and focusing on what your character is doing at the moment is one of those details.
Expecting afk and inattentive behavior to reward you, whether its in a game or RL, is crazy.

4 Likes

Really? Of course you can present us the numbers that will validate this opinion.

1 Like

They have to warp into the system, lock you, get in range with their short range weapons, and get at least one tick of damage off. With an align time of 5 seconds plus drones recall it’s possible.

That said if you aren’t mining aligned and ready to warp out, you’re ganker bait anyhoo. Good training IMO.

7 Likes

If anything, it sounds like the real problem here is that the task has traditionally been so trivial that not having to pay attention has become the status quo expectation.

In most other games, if you couldn’t actually pay attention to what you were doing you would just stop playing until you could pay attention again. Sounds like the same is true here, now. If you have to stop paying attention, dock up for a bit.

10 Likes

the roaming triglavian patrols are to prevent afk activities, if you werent “paying attention” then you deserved it.
it called an invasion for a reason.
adapt to the situation rather than complain and embarrassing yourself

8 Likes

Lol, I made a mining alt and got blapped by these guys so fast…BUT, I had honestly forgotten this was an issue and the second time it happened I was able to warp out in plenty of time. I think the roaming Trig gangs are fine when it comes to mining and really are only a problem if you’re going to be AFK.

Station-camping is something else. I haven’t seen it, but that has to be frustrating if you’re a super-new player. I guess you have two options in that situation: (1) don’t undock until you can confirm they’re gone; or (2) find some more advanced players to kill the Trigs. Doable for sure, but still pretty inconvenient if you’re new to EVE and are still trying to figure out WTF you’re doing.

I have a family too, and sometimes you just have to risk that you might die while dealing with something. But I agree with @Haulie_Berry–if you know you have to be AFK, just dock up.

6 Likes

regarding station camping, half the time the trigs will not agress you.
ive seen them at stations scanning it down like they always do, i stopped my ship for afew minutes and they never agressed me.
i did this afew times too in a corvette, cruiser and battleship.
however, they will agress you on sight in belts.

2 Likes

Salvaging their wrecks can provide saleable components. Hunting them is doable in T1 ships accessible by new and/or alpha players, so they’re PvE content more challenging than legacy belt rats which pop when given a hard stare.

The trigs I’ve encountered only frequent Upwell structures, have yet to see them at NPC stations.

1 Like

It’s all a role playing thing to make the universe more alive and space dangerous.
I like the new roaming npcs infact I hope CCP adds more for every hostile faction .These enemies should make you cooperate to defeat them with other players.

7 Likes

This is not a problem. Its a good thing, problem would be if ganking in high sec went down. Hence I and huge majority of older eve players welcome the roaming trig frigates as they will keep destruction constant in highsec, even if pirate players fail to do so.

3 Likes

I hope older players will die to them as much as the new players. To boost the economic incentives. Also I hope economy and markets will be hit by triglavians, so the players that never undock will have to move stuf and contribute to contracts, I also hope that haulers and freighters will be hit by triglavians. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Its the chaos era. triglavian dreads camping null nao! \o/

2 Likes

Acording to killboards this is already hapening and that is a good thing.

2 Likes

Likely this.

No trig has warped in on me within range and instantly locked me up.

They usually warp in at range (warping to the site itself or a structure) and sit idle for several seconds before reacting to whats on grid.

2 Likes

It happened to me two days ago. I wouldn’t say “instantly” but probably no more than two seconds. Still, two seconds to react on top of a tiny bit of tank should be sufficient. They still took a bit to finish me off. Definitely could have made it if I were quicker on the draw–I just suuuuucked. To top it off, I then went back in a corvette and they killed me again. There’s a non-zero chance I was slightly impaired.

Warped off in plenty of the the second time they showed up though.

they also warp into relic and data sites where they instablap frigates that are not fast enough to warp out immediately

2 Likes

I have different experience. I undocked in tanked nereus from station they were camping to see if they are still there and because the stations was minmatar even though I hit stop button I got 3km out of dock range. When invuln timer expired I was targetted instantly. First I tried to dock up, before I realized I won’t make it due to web I tried warp off but failed as well.

I got shot instantly on a moon and POCO and relic site as well. From my experience what you say sounds like some bug rather than usual behavior.

4 Likes

In my opinion triglav ganking is bad mechanic. They currently supply player gankers and are causing troubles even to them. I was making a scan/scout to ganking group recently and due to triglavs systems are now full of procurers and skiffs and miners became a lot more aware than before. So we had less targets and it was harder to find a target that would not warp off instantly. (We found the target eventually, but highsec was much more rich for targets a year ago).

It would be better if CCP get rid of them and make ganking easier instead. I would start with concord changes (make them react always as if they were in system already and make them despawn after some time). And maybe complete overhaul of suicide ganking to make solo ganking more viable (something like that the concord spawn timer will be dynamic and will depend on a number of ships that went criminal, something like that could fix the current stalemate that gankers fly dozens of alts in cheap ships and gets blown by concord before other players could engage into it themselves making it pointless to do that at all).

1 Like

While I don’t think NPCs should be replacing player interacton, overall this is a good thing with gankers being somewhat limited by the game mechanics as to how many miners that they can hit.

The goal of CODE. has always been to force miners to pay attention and fly ships that favour tank over yield, Trigalavians are upping the pressure on miners to do exactly that.

4 Likes