Please Wait 9 Hours to Give More Likes :psyccp:

We have a history of people falsely quoting other ones on the forum. Of falsely repeatedly distorting reality to make it fit their goal.

What could possibly go wrong by allowing them to also just rename the titles of the threads ? Even more, silently, and without people having a counter that costs them less time than they take to enact ?

All your “trust level” that should “gate” access can be gamed. So they WILL be gamed. It’s basic dev approach : IRL it’s “prepare for worse, expect the best” ; in dev it’s “expect for worse, don’t trust user”.

That may have worked for Blizzard games but I highly doubt it’ll work for CCP games. Eve Online game mechanics and the general tone of the game itself is centered on conflict, being the bad guy and doing everything from Stealing to Ganking. The forums here are just a reflection of the game.

So according to that link:

TRUST LEVEL 0

Trust level 0 users cannot:

• Flag posts
  • Post more than 3 topics
  • Post more than 10 replies

TRUST LEVEL 1

Users at trust level 1 can…

• Post unlimited topics and replies
  • Edit wiki posts (more on Wiki Posts Below)
  • Flag posts

TRUST LEVEL 2

Users at trust level 2 can…

• Create links and video embeds to trusted websites like Blizzard websites, YouTube, or Twitch
  • Have an increased “like” count.

TRUST LEVEL 3

Trust Level 3 users can

• Create Wiki Posts (more on that below)
  • Post animated gifs, images, compatible video embeds, and links to any website

This seems like you’re looking to tie up hands and put a gag on most of the users here. Implementing those Trust Levels will just drive more users away from these forums.

For over a decade CCP has encouraged a toxic environment both in-game and in the forums. Those User Levels may indeed change these forums into lovey dovey hello kitty but the amount of users participating in these forums will be a small fraction of what it is now. By the way, the current amount of active users here is a small fraction of what was active in the old forums. Might be a good idea to look into what was done in the old forums.

Anyway, I already stated my opinion about Forum Moderation in another thread and due to the recent changes implemented in these forums, I’m now seriously considering exiting these forums myself.

3 Likes

@Archer_en_Tilavine don’t worry I won’t change it.

The emoji gave it the piece of flair it desperately needed!

Yeah this trust level thing looks like it will filter out all the knee-jerk reaction alts you see when things like Niarja happen.

I agree this will stifle an already slow message board more.

We should look at reddit and r/eve and wonder what makes them so successful? Even CCP employees prefer posting there than here. Larger platform and audience of course which is good. Reddit by design allows for all the trash commentary and insults go down their own rabbit hole rather than clog up a traditional forum.

1 Like

To back hoe, or not to back hoe.

They use that for tobacco, to remove the bad herbs from the soil, preferably made out of sand,
despite that it could be fertilized the year before with hay, which is like wheat.

Well, looks like that option must be reserved for a chosen few. I just gave out 3 likes and got a 9 hour wait message.

I don’t know, maybe it’s based on a 24 hr timer. However it seems to me ever since this restriction was implemented, the amount of LIKES I’m able to dispense keeps going down and the amount of time to wait keeps increasing.

2 Likes

Lets just go to old settings and forget all this debacle with experimenting.

I am sure everyone in CCP have better things to do than fiddle with these forums. At least they had for some time…

6 Likes

What is the deal with this :psyccp: icon? I’m not getting the joke …

It’s a pokemon that suffers headaches caused by CCP

psyduck コダック

There’s a few variations of it.

psycsm psyduck

psyblown

2 Likes

failheap-challenge

You’re on failheap?

OHHHHHHHHH THAT’S WHAT IT IS

What’s failheap challenge?

Surprised to see Psyduck on our forums lol - I feel like whether you played Pokemon or not is the median age of an Eve player

I did lurk there, and the CCP psyduck was there since I remember.

1 Like

Failheap is where bittervets go to shitpost and share gifs that are inappropriate here.

Definitely NSFW

1 Like

I feel like I remember it… wasn’t it like the place to go to discuss fittings WAY back in the day? 2012ish?

Yeah they have a fitting subforum there, although it’s pretty much dead with the last post being February 2019. There was also Battleclinic which was inhumed years ago.

1 Like

Scrapheap, now known as Failheap, is just some has beens surrounded by mostly wannabes. 10+ years ago it had some credence.

1 Like

Please I hate Ramona and I need to clic “like” some of the post made by this vile person, to show my deep hatred.

What’s more I have nothing intelligent to add to those post, so the like button was the perfect button to express my hatred.
Please remove it as a mean of evaluation, but re… investigate? institute? it as a mean to express one’s hate, like it was before. Remove the limit on the likes, we need to let the hate flow.

I saw a complete nonsense post here and needed to like it, but at my surprise a popup told me that I had to resent all those feelings inside me. Don’t let me suffer, I need to express myself.

You got that right, toots

1 Like