Please welcome our new CSM Overlords

Congrats Merkelchen, Jintaan, Suitonia. Make Amarrica great again. `

Replying from work using a tablet and between patient appointments, so I cannot be as detailed as I would like. If you have time, many of my previous posts have better details on items many of us in HS feel that CCP could improve. While not all inclusive or even agreed with by all of HS players, they do seem to touch upon many of the main facets of EVE that our group of players feels to be looked at by both CCP and the CSM. Understanding that while ISK is important to HS players, for most it isnā€™t the driving concern . If it is, those people are more involved in the Incursion community,chaining Burner missions, station trading, speed running missions in Machs, or moved to nullsec to rat or mine under the auspices of a larger corporation; all activities which are already addressed and implemented by the game.

1. Variation in missions and sites, either by writing up new ones individually or by creating a generator that randomizes opponents,objectives, and rewards. All three of the randomized parts should fall within the current parameters set by CCP for the correct levels. Some of my previous posts have more detail, but the variation and challenge is the driving force, not isk generation.

2. Modifying Scout Incursion sites to be an introduction to incursions by weakening them to be run by one or two mid skill level players. Atm, they are usually ignored and any changes to them will not adversely effect the Incursion community.

3)Change gate guns and game mechanics only at gates that connect LS/NS with HS to discourage gate camps ONLY at those gates. The introduction of faction supported NPC mercenaries who appear and slowly ramp up in numbers/strength as more player ships are destroyed over a set time period and then ramp down and disappear if activity decreases. We try to encourage newer players to try LS, ask them to step through the doorway, then beat them a club. The game should reward trying lower sec by not immediately punishing the newer players for merely being brave enough to make the initial jump.

4)Change bumping mechanics ONLY at Hs gates to limit the overall time one can do it without occurring some type of penalty/consequence. While times and penalties will have to be adjusted, something along the lines of first 5+ minutes of bumping, no penalty, then after a set time a bumper becomes suspect, and after a longer time, a worse penalty is imposed ( gate tractor beam restrains bumper for 1+ minute.) Talk to people like Black Pedro to figure out something that is fair to both sides of the bumping; he always seems to have well reasoned posts and would offer an opinion from the other side. Bumping anywhere else like belts would remain as current.

Well, my limited free time is up and Iā€™m sure I have forgotten a lot. Just remember that the vast majority of HS arenā€™t asking for game breaking things like NO PvP in HS, more isk for HS, instanced (guaranteed solo) missions only, spend the majority of CCPā€™s dev resources on HS,etc. Most of us merely ask that CCP and the CSM listen to any reasonable and practical requests or questions from the HS and spend their resources in the direction that may address their concerns. While the style of play in HS may vary from those of null or low sec, we arenā€™t trying to ruin your style of gameplay or enjoyment.

Thank you for reaching out and I hope it bodes well for the future. I appreciate you listening.

1 Like

And I appreciate you taking the time to type this out on a tablet. Iā€™ll add these suggestions to my list and see theyā€™re presented.

1 Like

I will always be buying silly skins.

1 Like

Good. Asking the questions.

Find out how much they can link agents in their near future update where they talk about the Activity Tracker.

Personally interested in if it can keep the mission totals between storyline agents in it as well as which agents link to which storyline agent. A thing we either do manually or never at all since the obliteration of the Agent Finder.

1 Like

CCP used to allow us to rank 14 candidatesā€¦ now weā€™re down to 10ā€¦ to match the drop from 14 elected CSMers down to 10ā€¦ why on earth would you only vote for 1? as soon as that one is eliminated, your vote is gone, and thereā€™s no backup.

Now, in this case your 1 candidate got in and thatā€™s great, butā€¦ come on, thatā€™s like applying to just 1 college with no backups.

I have always used all 14/10 of my slots.

The first year 8 I voted for got in, the next year 9, the next 6, the next 5, and this year 4. Iā€™m not liking the downward trend there, butā€¦ Iā€™m still happy about the 4 that made it.

I did scout incursion sites as a 3 month old player in a Myrmidon with 4 Garde Is and didnā€™t die.

So what youā€™re asking for is kinda a reversion back to how Scout sites used to beā€¦ Scout sites nowā€¦ Iā€™ve done them with 5 DPS toons + 1 logi (all toons from a 10-12 man VG fleet after the fleet folded for the night)ā€¦ theā€™yre just not worth it compared to VGs in terms of how much time/effort it takes and the low payout.

So yeah, theyā€™re pointless to newbros and incursioners alike atm. Reversion would be preferable to their current state. Or buff the payouts or reduce the amount of jams or something.

Thatā€™s good to hear, have you posted a specific thread for it?

Not yet. Once we are fully on-boarded I will start putting up more posts and soliciting more specific info.

2 Likes

Boy are you in for a laugh when you do. And by laugh I mean debilitating migraine headaches. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Canā€™t possibly be worse than my day job.

Changing wardeck mechanics would be nice

Itā€™s on my list.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll continue to keep an eye on the forumgoing population, donā€™t worry.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.