PLEX is too cheap

There currently is a viable way, for a few spiteful whales, to dramatically sink the price of plex but I will not discuss what that is on here.

Plex is still higher than it used to be due to isk inflation, multiple plex sinks (like bazaar trading was), and easier isk faucets

I mean this could just be a case of a shift in the whale/wallet-warrior base or newer players realizing how inefficient grinding for 500 plex can be. It’s probably a mix of these things tbh

1 Like

CCP is up to something with PLEX and ISK related. RMT is isk is trading at $4 per billion ISK. That is the lowest it has ever been at. Player numbers are at a steady decline as per norm yet plex is falling still… Either CCP is selling lots of subs ( I doubt it) or they are pumping plex into the market.

I dunno why PLEX is dropping so low, anyway something will break soon and it will go rocketing up again to sensible levels, 5bn ISK per 30 day would be fairly sensible.

No they are not

2 Likes

Yes they are !

No they are not

2 Likes

Yes they are, and all your forum post wont change that fact :rofl:

What facts? The facts I linked?

That’s the PCU from the last year. Looks pretty stable to me.

What was that fact again you mentioned?

3 Likes

Was this the best thing you could cry about today?

1 Like
3 Likes

Well, we’ve established that what once was a mostly player-driven environment of economic behaviour these days no longer is due to the introduction of already mentioned variables - aside of the already existing influence factors.

We’re fine believing that it is entirely player-driven, because verifying that narrative confronts us with a process of self-mirroring, which is unpleasant. It also confronts us with a practical realisation that what once was is now different, which is also unpleasant. On top of that it would change our desired behaviour if we did engage in any such process, which is, well, not something which benefits CCP and thus EVE.

So all in all, let’s believe. But let’s not fool ourselves. These things do not have to be the same :slight_smile:

At minimum, not fooling ourselves provides a bit of a stimulus to keep a finger on the pulse of things as they change in development curves. That way we can still ring a bell in discourse if that development stumbles through a Door which only has trenches behind it.

Here is a thought about ‘external influences’:

What if the price of PLEX is being manipulated by some major ISK seller? After all, they stand to gain heavily if price of PLEX plummets. More people come and buy from them, instead of CCP. And since most of them sell the ISK in the form of PLEX, anyways… they are in a win-win situation.

So, you would have ‘a player driven economy’ but ultimately dictated by an out of game agenda, not even CCP related.

Thoughts?

Markets can be manipulated in Eve but not the PLEX market. The sheer value of ISK prevents much manipulation outside of perhaps sending false signals on the market. And that isn’t going explain a multi-month shift in the market.

PLEX price go up and they go down. This even isn’t a crash yet like the one we saw when Citadels were released. Why is harder to see but probably has something to do with the increased rate of sales CCP has been offering increasing supply, and perhaps, an increased need for in game ISK which is shaking out some stockpiles.

But if you want to get all tin-foil, perhaps the price of ISK was overinflated then by in-game manipulators seeking to liquidate their in-game holdings? They drove the price up and then have been clearing out their stocks as the price returns to a more real equilibrium.

1 Like

Fair points.

My tin-foil thoughts don’t come out of nowhere :stuck_out_tongue:

Look at the current sell orders in The Forge, attached. One person is pumping out PLEX and gradually driving the price down. This happens nearly 24/7. It seems to be the same person.!
Edit: They seem to have stopped… I guess they are reading this thread intently :stuck_out_tongue:

Again, it is really hard to manipulate such a large market. I guess someone with a massive stock pile could try, but the market would bounce back as soon as they were cleared out and they wouldn’t be able to snap up too much lower prices PLEX before all the other users and stockpilers did.

That screenshot looks to me like some large trader experiment with some tiered trading scheme rather than trying to manipulate. The volumes are so low they won’t stop any real move.

Don’t know. Maybe someone is that rich but it is hard to see the endgame then.

I still favour increased supply coming in from sales as the reason but it is just a guess. Maybe the goon dominance of production has started an arms race and ISK that would of ended up in PLEX now goes to super caps?

No, it always has been like this. The external factors change, and so do internal ones. And because it is player-driven will the game economics always adjust on its own. You’re only now arriving at it.

PLEX prices goes up, this obviously spells doom and the impending end of EVE.

PLEX prices come down, this obviously spells doom and the impending end of EVE.

Conclusion, EVE is dying.

5 Likes

Woops I forgot 30 days are 500 plex, yeah that is probably a player.

I made a boo booh bellow, forgot to account for the plex breakdown change.

<That is clearly CCP, no one has infinite stockpiles of 2240 Plex to pile onto the market. CCP for one reason or another is piling free plex into the eve game. They can only do this for so long before it hurts their real world subscriptions.> I was wrong

Well if PLEX goes down in price people will upgrade to omega more often and play as premium players which means more active players in the game, seems a good reason for plex to drop in price.

Before PLEX was split into 500 units, 30 day PLEX was 900mil, now it is way above that price, so it is still expensive.

1 Like

It’s not CCP plex on the market all of that plex is less than 200bil easily done by a single player trying to lower the price before buying up everyone’s lower valued plex before changing their prices back up again.

No, that isn’t what I stated as observations. You’re trying to create a discourse based solely on repetition of your own arguments.

Nobody discounts the player-drive foundation elements. The point is that there is a distinct division between before F2P and after. Prior, based on the stepping stones of emergent behaviour, EVE’s economics were entirely player driven, in the sense of there only being marginal NPC elements (even if at times massively “creatively” used) and a marginal presence of external values connected (for a long time GTC’s for ISK were illegal even). After, things have changed quite a bit.

That is a mere matter of budget and projection, in terms of in game economic activity (external factors can be put to use as well, but that’s an entirely different discussion beyond the scope of non-CCP triggered behaviour).

The PLEX market can be manipulated. It already is. Every day. Players try to establish trends, to instigate behavioural triggers, to min/max, and so forth. Every now and again someone sees an opportunity to create a spike, positive or negative, which also is manipulation :slight_smile: